• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Florida police arrest a man for selling a illegal SBR in Sting operation

From wikipedia (so it has to be true): RE: Ruby Ridge:

"Many of the people used by the marshals as third party go-betweens on the Weaver case—Bill and Judy Grider, Alan Jeppeson, Richard Butler—were evaluated by the marshals as more radical than the Weavers themselves. When Deputy U.S. Marshal (DUSM) Dave Hunt asked Bill Grider about Randy Weaver: "Why shouldn't I just go up there ... and talk to him?" Bill Grider replied, "Let me put it to you this way. If I was sitting on my property and somebody with a gun comes to do me harm, then I'll probably shoot him."[26] In the later Department of Justice OPR Ruby Ridge Task Force Report, Grider's words were incorrectly reported as a threat made by Weaver.[27]

The profile included "a brief psychological profile completed by a person who had conducted no first-hand interviews and was so unfamiliar with the case that he referred to Weaver as 'Mr. Randall' throughout".[16][page needed][28] A later memo circulated within the DOJ opined that:

The assumptions of federal and some state and local law enforcement personnel about Weaver—that he was a Green Beret, that he would shoot on sight anyone who attempted to arrest him, that he had collected certain types of arms, that he had "booby-trapped" and tunneled his property—exaggerated the threat he posed.[29]"

and

"Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi (born June 9, 1954) is the American FBI agent who shot Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge in 1992. An FBI HRT sniper and former US Army officer, he was involved in controversial deployments during the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff and 1993 Waco siege. In 1997, Horiuchi was charged with manslaughter for the death of Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge, but the charges were later dropped."

But, boy, have we gone afar on this topic...

Back
Top Bottom