Folding lock blade handle material

jfcrail

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
33   0
Reaction score
I found an old Parker (made in USA) lockblade in really great shape. That is hard to believe because it was buried in the yard and after aerating this spring it popped up to the surface---it was even in the open position. the wooden grips are bad and I would like to replace them but the knife is in great shape.

Two questions:

Where do I get the material to make new handles--I prefer a nice wood grain?

If I wanted to to something to personalize it--is there anyone who does wood carving on here that could put a name or initials on the grips?

I found an old Parker (made in USA) lockblade in really great shape. That is hard to believe because it was buried in the yard and after aerating this spring it popped up to the surface---it was even in the open position. the wooden grips are bad and I would like to replace them but the knife is in great shape.

Two questions:

Where do I get the material to make new handles--I prefer a nice wood grain?

If I wanted to to something to personalize it--is there anyone who does wood carving on here that could put a name or initials on the grips?

What size piece of wood do you need to have enough to finish it. I may have some pieces that are large enough. They are stabilized and highly figured. They would be considered presentation grade by snobby top makers but I would give you a piece or two just to give you the experience of customizing a knife. Very rewarding and no reason to use crappy wood if you are going to make the effort.

You can possibly get someone to laser etch the name on it for very little. I've got a guy you could call if it would help. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom