• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For all the ESEE fans!

I have absolutely no idea I have never owned one, it surr does look cool though.
yeah I love the look of Damascus so much I looked into having my wedding band made out of it but the only ones I could find were super expensive. I have never owned a Damascus blade and would love to start with the izula but if they are only good for looks then I would rather not

yeah I love the look of Damascus so much I looked into having my wedding band made out of it but the only ones I could find were super expensive. I have never owned a Damascus blade and would love to start with the izula but if they are only good for looks then I would rather not

Get over on the Jungletraining.com forum and check it out. Those guys would know why more than myself. I know there is a couple over there that do carry them. I wouldnt really see it as being a problem as long as you take care of it.

ESEEs are mostly 1095 steel, intended for hard use.
They will rust if you don't encourage a patina or take care of them with a little oil.
Maintenance is minimal because most of the blade is powdercoated.

Damascus will also rust, but you don't cover-up the blade with powdercoat.
So you have to oil the entire blade, not just the cutting edge.
It is likely worth the effort, because Damascus is the Harley of the knife world!

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_08_19_4a9940b1a4f29e400806ec2ff6ff890e.jpg

Well....awesome. Lol. I guess errr body has to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom