• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For the record, this is not the accepted way to defend your property

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how else to put this, so I'll state it simply: you're wrong. As soon as one of those "pieces of trash" was on the ground, gutshot with a Mini-14 and with several .22 holes in her chest, she's no longer a threat. At that point, when you shoot her in the head in a "clean finishing shot," she is a murder victim like any other murder victim- her life was wrongfully, illegally taken. There is no additional analysis.

As to your claim that the "scum" would "more than likely" have progressed to "taking someones [sic] INNOCENT life," I just can't see where you're getting this. I am unaware of any empirical data that would support the proposition that youthful property crime offenders are "more than likely" to become murderers. Maybe you can show me some numbers to back up this claim?

Finally, I just want to say that I do not think the teenagers are blameless in the whole transaction- obviously, they were in a place they shouldn't have been, doing something that they shouldn't have done. If they had been shot to death in the heat of the moment, I wouldn't be all that upset. That being said, however, a broken window and a disturbed sense of privacy is not sufficient justification to kill someone who is already badly wounded and presents no credible threat to your safety (as Mr. Smith's statements do seem to indicate was the case.)

This is so true. I know two people in law enforcement today (at high levels) that were convicted of B&E etc. as teenagers. Young and dumb should not result in their deaths unless the shooter was in fear of his/her life period.

Indeed ... a much better deterrent than the chance of jail time.

I suppose what he did was extreme, but I'm not losing any sleep over it really. Honestly, just let em bleed for about 10 minutes then call the cops, problem solved no explaining finishing shots.

You just wish more criminals would read this and rethink entering someone elses home. If all criminals thought there was a 50/50 chance they would be shot multiple times upon entering a home, well there wouldn't be as many criminals.

This is so true. I know two people in law enforcement today (at high levels) that were convicted of B&E etc. as teenagers. Young and dumb should not result in their deaths unless the shooter was in fear of his/her life period.

The problem with your post is, I wouldn't ask for someones ID proof of age before shooting them while in my house. They are in my house, uninvited and their intentions are unknown. What if the older guy was taken advantage of a beat to death or shot by the intruders? Then your post would turn to, "I hope they find those worthless POS." It's a two way street, no matter what they were wrong. Now I'm not saying how he handled the ending of it correctly, but fact is he was proactive before becoming a statistic. You no I know what anyones intentions are when they cross YOUR threshold. One thing is for sure, they do not obey the law and what they can do is unknown.

The problem with your post is, I wouldn't ask for someones ID proof of age before shooting them while in my house. They are in my house, uninvited and their intentions are unknown. What if the older guy was taken advantage of a beat to death or shot by the intruders? Then your post would turn to, "I hope they find those worthless POS." It's a two way street, no matter what they were wrong. Now I'm not saying how he handled the ending of it correctly, but fact is he was proactive before becoming a statistic. You no I know what anyones intentions are when they cross YOUR threshold. One thing is for sure, they do not obey the law and what they can do is unknown.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the first part of the story. The ending, well....

I don't know how else to put this, so I'll state it simply: you're wrong. As soon as one of those "pieces of trash" was on the ground, gutshot with a Mini-14 and with several .22 holes in her chest, she's no longer a threat. At that point, when you shoot her in the head in a "clean finishing shot," she is a murder victim like any other murder victim- her life was wrongfully, illegally taken. There is no additional analysis.

As to your claim that the "scum" would "more than likely" have progressed to "taking someones [sic] INNOCENT life," I just can't see where you're getting this. I am unaware of any empirical data that would support the proposition that youthful property crime offenders are "more than likely" to become murderers. Maybe you can show me some numbers to back up this claim?

Finally, I just want to say that I do not think the teenagers are blameless in the whole transaction- obviously, they were in a place they shouldn't have been, doing something that they shouldn't have done. If they had been shot to death in the heat of the moment, I wouldn't be all that upset. That being said, however, a broken window and a disturbed sense of privacy is not sufficient justification to kill someone who is already badly wounded and presents no credible threat to your safety (as Mr. Smith's statements do seem to indicate was the case.)

"A broken window and a disturbed sense of privacy" ?!!! Are you serious ? It's this type of thinking that allow the criminals in THIS country to get away it, to sue the home owner and become the "victims" themselves or get light or reduced sentences because they didn't deserve what happened to them in process of committing a filthy crime.
they were breaking i9nto and elderly mans home with what intentions, to visit....to look around..to fix a sanwich..? They were there INSIDE his home and he was there.

IF he hadn't been the victim of this crap so many times before when they got away he most likely would NOT have reacted the way he did. THEY, and THEM, created this situation. It took years to get to this point but what did this old man do to deserve this, he had a home , that's it !!
All of you sobbing liberals crying for the 2 young "teenagers" "those poor little victims""they just disturbed his privacy", how many of you have been in his situation that drove him to this point ?
The man had enough ! Everyone has a breaking point and he was driven to his thru NO fault of his own. His reaction from being driven to it is from being a victim, not ever kn owing if and when someone will BREAK INTO his home AGAIN, maybe try to hurt or kill..which eventually would've happened.

All this BS about what he should've done, blah blah, were you there, do you know what could've happened to him in the past aside from all those break ins ? The mans not a cop and didn't go thru peace officer training.
I'm fairly certain if he lived in an area where THEY so blatantly BROKE into his home so many times then how must he have been treated on any given day when outside, going to the store, in traffic, going to his mailbox. Those SCUMBAGS lived very close to him, aka...his neighbors !

His crime..he shot them AFTER he shot them resulting in their death.

I'm truly bown away at the liberal mentality that twists this around "a broken window and a disturbed sense of privacy, typical, just typical.
Obviously, his statements indicate he was temporarily insane. Driven insane by the same SCUM that he ended up shooting.

Send him to psych ward for treatment but punishment, HELL NO !

If someone is killed during a crime it's murder, but what happens if it's the victim DRIVEN to kill from the mental stress and abuse. Any other way of looking at it and YOU'RE WRONG.

Last edited:
I suppose what he did was extreme, but I'm not losing any sleep over it really. Honestly, just let em bleed for about 10 minutes then call the cops, problem solved no explaining finishing shots.

You just wish more criminals would read this and rethink entering someone elses home. If all criminals thought there was a 50/50 chance they would be shot multiple times upon entering a home, well there wouldn't be as many criminals.

Very well put-

I like your way of thinking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom