• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford Raptor - Are they really that awesome?

People do an awesome job of making themselves look stupid when it comes to extreme loyalty toward a brand of vehicle.

Reminds me of this friend I had in high school who wanted to be a chevy guy so bad that he sold a Ford that ran fine every day to get a Z71 and fit in with the kuntry boys and ended up spending thousands to keep that chevy on the road.

I drive a Ford, it has had some issues, but at the end of the day, if it has tits or tires you're gonna have problems.

People also love to say that "We have a fleet of ____ and they're always in the shop"
Because people drive company cars like crap, everyone is guilty of running a company car much harder than they would their own vehicle. I have two friends who own raptors who have had no issues whatsoever, they are a very nice truck, I have had the opportunity to spend a little time behind the wheel of one and the raw power the truck has is impressive.

There's nothing on the market that really compares to the Raptor, has a ton of travel, comes stock on 35's and rides like a cadillac, but it drinks gas like a Russian drinks vodka and is noticeably wider than other trucks, which can make parking somewhat challenging. (I drive an F150 on 35's so it's not as if I am unable to park)

If you want a hotrod truck with an awesome suspension, and don't mind getting 12mpg average, get one.

Rumor has it, the 2017 is going to be an ecoboost type motor that matches the power of the 6.2L, but gets better gas milage, you might want to wait for that if you're about to spend 55-65k on a truck.

1,000 miles in a week lol. Our newest Sprinter 2500 just hit 100,000 miles this week and it was purchased last summer. The 2012 has 225,000 and the 2006 has 368,000.
these are a Mercedes drive train and are the worst ****ing vehicles ever made
Seen them hit 500k and work on these daily

Besides no dealer can get you the correct parts the first time , the cost of these cheap parts etc
You have one expensive costly pos

Promasters are better and cheaper in maintence but has the
3.6 motor same in Jeep Wrangler to challengers to mini van
And fwd

Sprinters are hell to work on , just removed a head to do a timing chain
That's right head has to come off to get chain out no clearence
Once head was off so much pitted that isn't safe to use now

Long story short a engine will run 17k now in cost
Vehicle is worth 4500 tops resale

Best of luck on those

The issue with the 6.0 is the cost of a new engine is like $12000... So from a financial standpoint buying a $15-20k truck with a engine that is known to fail doesn't make sense

Back
Top Bottom