Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Talk to me about Bushmaster ACR...
The poor man's SCAR! (The Colt 6920 is the poor mans ACR, lol)
I have shot one and thought it was a really well built gun with lots of value for the buck. Really cool and easy barrel swap capability, like remove the hand guard, pull the barrel throw lever down, pull the complete barrel/piston assembly out and put a new one in, no tools needed easy!
Brownells has started selling factory barrel/piston assemblies from 18 inches to 10.5 inches and everything in between. Gives you lots of options in barrel length, and buying an extra barrel assembly (about $600) still wouldn't come close to pushing the price into the SCAR zone.

The big concern is there just isn't much after market accessory support and likely that will not improve. So if you want a aluminium railed forearm to replace the stock ploymer one, you are pretty much stuck with the one Bushmaster makes, an old school picatinny rail type. But, with a 10.5 barrel it's a pretty bad ass looking chopper!

90945_ACR_SBR_Right.jpg

The poor man's SCAR! (The Colt 6920 is the poor mans ACR, lol)
I have shot one and thought it was a really well built gun with lots of value for the buck. Really cool easy swap barrel capability, like remove the hand guard, pull the barrel throw lever down, pull the complete barrel/piston assembly out and put a new one in, no tools needed easy!
Brownells has started selling factory barrel/piston assemblies from 18 inches to 10.5 inches and everything in between. Gives you lots of options in barrel length, and buying an extra barrel assembly (about $600) still wouldn't come close to pushing the price into the SCAR zone.

The big concern is there just isn't much after market accessory support and likely that will not improve. So if you want a aluminium railed forearm to replace the stock ploymer one, you are pretty much stuck with the one Bushmaster makes, an old school picatinny rail type. But, with a 10.5 barrel it's a pretty bad ass looking chopper!

90945_ACR_SBR_Right.jpg
Having shot them both I prefer the ACR I ain’t even lying

Having shot them both I prefer the ACR I ain’t even lying
I like like the SCAR better.....but I ain't got the money to buy either one, lol.

The truth is I like them both a lot and think they are so close in form/function I would hate to have to live off the difference.

I like like the SCAR better.....but I ain't got the money to buy either one, lol.

The truth is I like them both a lot and think they are so close in form/function I would hate to have to live off the difference.
My SCAR experience has been.....mediocre at best

Bad copper fouling, burrs near the gas port inside the barrel stripping the jacket off. To zero the weapon my FSP has to be bottomed our within its shroud and pushed left like an AK. 650.00 iron sights, the rear is unreliable because the adjustment springs/detente for the knobs push and pull randomly, knob about to fall off.

Stacks rounds

But for 2500.00 I had to sink the front sight post and shove left to zero? Removed and re-Installed bbl to factory specs with a calibrated torque wrench.

Meh

Back
Top Bottom