• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Man, did you see the simpler times thread? It was the same as the first one!
Yeah, both of those threads need a wash down, like they do at the zoo after all the chimps are done slinging **** all over the place.
girlfight.gif

Tell us about the RPD!
anim_naughty.gif
Haha man tell ME about the RPD. I’ve been on the hunt for a way to get one for about 2 years. Targetmaster sold his a year ago for like 1600.00 if I remember correctly and I always regretted letting it slip away.

I bought a 500.00 kit about a year and a half ago and when I called DSA to get a receiver they told me to kick rocks they didn’t sell to individuals
Had the shop I work at inquire about it for me or even possibly others they said they don’t sell the receivers by themself....
Went to wiselite and they don’t make em anymore

Started to get nervous and asked the ODT wizards on here who have em where to go.
They told me project guns was the place.
Called him, he tells me he has no more receivers, semi-auto conversion parts, and he’s retiring that year. All he had was a single completed build and he’d let it go for 2200.00 I believe? Couldn’t swing it at the time and he sold it quick.

Called Tim at 2Rivers to see if he could point me in the right direction. Tim’s tells me (and this is awesome btw) that they can’t find receivers either, and they can’t source the semi-auto parts easily. Also he tells me he thinks he may be the reason DSA don’t sell anymore individually because he bought a bunch of receivers back in the day and was building them better and cheaper then DSA (I believe him on that) and DSA caught wind and got pissed and stopped providing receivers.

So I sold the kit and have been looking around for a press fit RPD receiver for years.
The semi auto parts I’m gonna have to find
I can source kits and barrels

Just need that DAMNED receiver!!!!

The complete rifles now days are only DSA and mostly tacticooool paratrooper types that look like robocops d*ck and are way over priced. I hate em.

I want a traditional, full sized, wood and bake, RPD.....and I’m scared I never will

So.....to get over the disappointment. I’m getting a BREN 805 Rifle to easy the Pain haha

Back
Top Bottom