• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Found a armadillo in the back yard.

I caught one trying to bore a dang basketball sized hole next to the house trying to get under the foundation. I came outside to see where that scratching sound was coming from and when I closed the door it backed outta the hole and took off across the yard with my old ass in hot pursuit. I wish someone had’ve taped that, would’ve been a guaranteed win on America’s Funniest Videos. Needless to say it out zig zagged me all over mine and my neighbors yard till I gave up, wife said it was hilarious. :pound:

I have killed many and have picked up probably 75 of them. Most with my bare hands and all of them bloody. Ain't got no leprosy or anything else that I know of.

I caught one trying to bore a dang basketball sized hole next to the house trying to get under the foundation. I came outside to see where that scratching sound was coming from and when I closed the door it backed outta the hole and took off across the yard with my old ass in hot pursuit. I wish someone had’ve taped that, would’ve been a guaranteed win on America’s Funniest Videos. Needless to say it out zig zagged me all over mine and my neighbors yard till I gave up, wife said it was hilarious. :pound:
My wife became obsessed with them tearing up her yard but wouldn't let me kill them.
She'd sit on the deck at night with a low powered pellet gun and wait for them to come out then shoot them in the ass. They'd go straight up in the air about 2 feet then depart hastily. Wish I had that recorded. I always told her I was going to get her a stuffed armadillo as a trophy for her shooting skills.

My wife became obsessed with them tearing up her yard but wouldn't let me kill them.
She'd sit on the deck at night with a low powered pellet gun and wait for them to come out then shoot them in the ass. They'd go straight up in the air about 2 feet then depart hastily. Wish I had that recorded. I always told her I was going to get her a stuffed armadillo as a trophy for her shooting skills.

Lol! I’ve gotten them to do that by throwing rocks at them. Used to toss small pebbles at rabbits and watch them jump about 6 ft in the air.

Haven't seen any around here in a long time, with the animals being squeezed out by development I'm guessing the yote's have cleaned them out looking for a meal.

Back
Top Bottom