Frankenmount on a Gen II Sub-2000

H2O MAN

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
I visited my local 25 yard indoor range this morning to zero in the Aimpoint. It took several rounds to get the dot adjusted - POI was low left & off paper at the start. I fired a total of 100 rounds of 115 gr. Winchester 'white box', and my S2K performed flawlessly. The center target was @ 20 yards, the facial target was @ 25 yards. All shooting was done from an offhand standing shooting position, so my adjustments weren't exactly U-D & L-R ... I'll need a bench & rest to fine tune the zero.

My fixed position Sub-2000 Frankenmount remained solid, and appears to be a winner for me :)

IMG_4819.JPG
IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

I used a KAC T1 Offset Rail that I picked up years ago. I added a 39mm T1 spacer, and mounted an old 4 MOA T1. I attached a MOE accessory rail to the forend, and fabricated a spacer that fits between the rail & forend. It all came together a couple days before Midwest Industries released their pivoting Micro mount for the S2K...

UPDATE:
The mount & optic worked just fine, but I decided to keep it stupid simple and use the iron sights exclusively.
I have removed the mount & RDS, a surefire scout light rides on the side rail now.

IMG_4831.JPG

Back
Top Bottom