• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Free cat, come and get it

My cousin made what everyone thought was roast, potatoes, and carrots for a family reunion. Turns out apparently it was racoon. He thought it would be funny to let everyone eat it, then tell us what it was. I was not amused.

I like raccoon.

We attended a church in Ky. where the Deacons hunted all winter and had big coon BBQ each spring.

Nothing wrong with a properly prepared coon.

I like raccoon.

We attended a church in Ky. where the Deacons hunted all winter and had big coon BBQ each spring.

Nothing wrong with a properly prepared coon.
I suppose you're right, I ate it and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I just prefer to know what I'm eating. Lol

I suppose you're right, I ate it and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I just prefer to know what I'm eating. Lol

After spending so much time overseas in the Marines I've learned NOT to ask what I was eating, lol.
(At least until I decided whether I liked it or not.)
(I would never have thought monkey could be so good, but after marinating in teriyaki and ginger they were one of my favorites...)

note that I'm joshing you. I don't serve people stuff without telling them what it is.

I know people who grow super hot peppers and try to get people to eat them without telling them how hot they are. I grow the same peppers, and have never seen the humor in doing that.

Know people that try to trick vegetarians into eating meat. I feel that's their decision, it's not my place to disrespect it.

On the other hand, we moved around a lot, got exposed to a lot of local cuisines (see comment about Deacons dinner above), and my father's rule was that if you were at someone's table, and they were eating it, you could eat it too. You didn't have to like it, you didn't have to eat a lot of it, but manners require you to share it.

Back
Top Bottom