• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Frustrated!! - My S&W M&P AR Won't Cycle Reloads

6   0
Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?? The little gem will shoot factory loads perfectly fine but for whatever reason, cannot cycle our reloads. Could it be that we're reloading too much powder, it doesn't like the bullet, I have no idea? HELP!

Thanks y'all!!

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?? The little gem will shoot factory loads perfectly fine but for whatever reason, cannot cycle our reloads. Could it be that we're reloading too much powder, it doesn't like the bullet, I have no idea? HELP!

Thanks y'all!!
Gonna need more info. Is it a cycling issue, light strike, etc..

Gonna need more info. Is it a cycling issue, light strike, etc..

When the round is chambered, the bolt doesn't fully go into the battery then it's very difficult to pull the charging handle back. Also won't go into safety when it's jammed so pretty dangerous.... Maybe the bullet was set too low? Like I said to Steelhorses's response, the reloads cycle fine in other ARs (or at least one other one as it's the only other AR out of which we've fired the reloads but they go off with ease) so not really sure what's going on with mine :(

Are your rounds similar in length and profile to commercial ammo of the same weight bullet?
Does your COAL match the load data for your bullet?
Does your first reloaded round chamber correctly from the magazine?

Are your rounds similar in length and profile to commercial ammo of the same weight bullet?
Does your COAL match the load data for your bullet?
Does your first reloaded round chamber correctly from the magazine?

We're thinking the same thing. First make sure your reloads are in spec.

Can you provide the reloading data you used?

Powder and weight?
Bullet type and weight?
Cartridge trim length?
Cartridge overall length?

I would also check and make sure the chamber is clean since the ammo isn't going into battery only on one rifle.

First check the chamber and make sure its clean. Check the rounds and make sure they are sized correctly. Been resized after being fired and before being reloaded. Check the trimmed length of cases before reloading. Check the OAL (Overall length of the cartridge and make sure it is in spec. after you get them loaded. If all these are correct then it shoud chamber and fire in your weapon.

Back
Top Bottom