• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Athearn Model Trains

djocon93

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Builder of Guns, Rider of Bikes, Waster of Ammo
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-athearn-model-trains.2535002/
Item Name: FS Athearn Model Trains

Zip Code: 30533

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 150

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Never used, passed down from my grandfather. I have no use for them. Priced out at roughly 300 on ebay. Looking to get them sold as a whole unit.

Pictures:
pxl_20210606_170430797-jpg.3298592

pxl_20210606_170602307-jpg.3298593

pxl_20210606_170553775-jpg.3298594

Trainz won't even talk to you unless you have over $1000 worth in their estimation. They also don't take auction lots of less than $1000. I sent them my inventory list of O, HO, Z and N scale stuff and they offered about 1/5 of the going rate. They are a business and they have to make money but you won't be offered very much for your trains.

By the way are those HO or N gauge? I can't really tell from the pictures.

Trainz won't even talk to you unless you have over $1000 worth in their estimation. They also don't take auction lots of less than $1000. I sent them my inventory list of O, HO, Z and N scale stuff and they offered about 1/5 of the going rate. They are a business and they have to make money but you won't be offered very much for your trains.

By the way are those HO or N gauge? I can't really tell from the pictures.

Based purely on the booklet with them I think HO, but I am not sure, if you tell me how I could check I would be glad to look when I get home. I know very little about model trains in general haha!

Just looked into it more on Google I believe they are HO scale as they're all about 5-7 long cars

OK, I checked on Ebay and the trains are HO gauge. They list the locomotive at about 30 bucks, each of the cars in boxes is worth about 10 or 15 dollars each. The transformer around $20, the track, maybe 5 or 7 dollars and the buildings around 10 or so each as long as they are complete. So if you sold it all on ebay it would probably get you around $150 or so. That should give you an idea of the current selling prices.

I still have my trains from when I was a kid back in the 50's and while they are seriously played with and not worth a ton I wouldn't get rid of them for any amount. My grandkids can have them and hopefully will get some more years out of playing with them.

I think they glory days of buying a sheet of 4'x8' plywood and some saw horses and building a big running setup in the basement are about over for model trains, but with a set like yours, it would be easy to put it around the Christmas tree or even set it up some evening in the living room and let everyone sit around and watch it go round and round.

As a Train collector its tough. they are Ho scale and a great set. My kids play with ym sets from when i was a kid. I have a basement with tables for mine.

OK, I checked on Ebay and the trains are HO gauge. They list the locomotive at about 30 bucks, each of the cars in boxes is worth about 10 or 15 dollars each. The transformer around $20, the track, maybe 5 or 7 dollars and the buildings around 10 or so each as long as they are complete. So if you sold it all on ebay it would probably get you around $150 or so. That should give you an idea of the current selling prices.

Im seeing $90 on the locomotive but it looks like your spot on on the rest, Im dropping the price to $150

Back
Top Bottom