• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Colt peacekeeper

samhampton25

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
Have a nice like new colt peacekeeper 357 4” barrel nice pistol asking 750 or best offer

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpeg
    IMG_0500.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0502.jpeg
    IMG_0502.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0504.jpeg
    IMG_0504.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 8
I researched myself, it seems to come from factory like this but you can definitely see some striations near front of the cylinder that look like "sand" marks.. COMES FROM FACTORY LIKE THAT tho...
Are you sure? Did you buy it new from a retail store? Or second hand?

I've never seen Colt finish like that.

Their quality may be slipping some from the factory. Or it could’ve been a Friday before a holiday after lunch with margaritas…..or something. :noidea:

I just recently picked up the 6" version of the Peacekeeper and the finish is the same on it (kinda like a matte black). A little Google-fu on the keyboards and I found a Colt forum. It was stated that in the mid '80s when these were produced, COLT was undergoing some labor problems. (Not a lot of explanation as to what type) but was noted that upper management decided to let the Peacekeeper have the dull finish rather than extensive manpower required to highly polish the firearm finish. The price of the Peacekeeper was supposed to acknowledge the lack of a high polish job.

I just recently picked up the 6" version of the Peacekeeper and the finish is the same on it (kinda like a matte black). A little Google-fu on the keyboards and I found a Colt forum. It was stated that in the mid '80s when these were produced, COLT was undergoing some labor problems. (Not a lot of explanation as to what type) but was noted that upper management decided to let the Peacekeeper have the dull finish rather than extensive manpower required to highly polish the firearm finish. The price of the Peacekeeper was supposed to acknowledge the lack of a high polish job.
Thankyou, we were all kinda guessing it 😂

Back
Top Bottom