8   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Arai RX7 corsair for pistol

Item is for: Sale or Trade

Sale Price: 500

Trade Value or Items Looking For: pistols, mainly compact, make an offer

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: i have a arai Nakano Shuriken size M 7 7/8. It has never been dropped and in great shape. paid over $800 for the helmet, sold my motorcycle last year and it has just been sitting in the closet, up for any trade steering towards a compact glock or s&w 9 or 40. summer is right around the corner and this is a bada** helmet and really comfortable

Pictures:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

2007 lightly used. yea it it a really nice helmet

- - - Updated - - -

http://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_480644_AO%2FsHkgAAFnWUS4HCwCyXj3jlqQ&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Aren't helmets only good for 5 years
Obviously if you rarely wear it, it will be good for longer than 5yrs. As long as the eps is not compressed or breaking down.
What you asked about is for sanctioning race bodies. They require a helmet be no more than 5yrs old. Along with other safety requirements and gear of course.
Ps. Some track day organizers also have this requirement. That said, I've never seen a track official check the strap during tech inspection.

Last edited:
Aren't helmets only good for 5 years
ALL helmets should be replaced after 5 years as the materials weaken and become brittle.How much is your head worth?
The helmets that are older then 5 years should become collectors only and their has been studies and test done to prove these facts a simple google you will get the info.Nice helmet OP and if I didn't already have this in my collection I would scoop it up...

Last edited:
@Lockout,
reading both those comments back to back, they state contradictory thinking. But I get it that you're making a point on individual comments/questions.
To me personally, the 5yr thing is really a non issue.
Anyone who actually rides and spends time on their bikes can't go 5yrs w/out dropping $4-600 or more on a helmet. Hell, I can't do 2yrs. That's why we end up w/ 3-4 street helmets and 2-3 dirt bike helmets. More jackets and gloves and boots than I have room for lol. It just like all the other stuff were into.
If you're actually worried about how long a helmet is good for, you may not be spending enough time on the road. ;)
Or you're a poseur!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom