• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Audiophile Dac/amp - Woo Audio Fire Fly Gen3

Mischief

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
WOO AUDIO WA7 GEN 3 FIREFLIES. Woo audio is based out of New York. This is the Gen 3 version in Silver. Practically brand new. These are considered to be the best headphone dac/amp by many professionals that I respect. And I love the way they sound. It is a tube amp, which gives it a sweet warmth. I ordered from Woo Audio expecting to need another one but ended up not needing it. If you don’t know about these, google it or go onto YouTube. ( https://youtu.be/t2tSvDGlJcc?si=h6mDnLJNNvfMM2SV ) I took it out of the box and turned it on to make sure nothing was damaged during shipping, and that is it. The build quality is second to none and weighs almost 9lbs. The top is glass. The tubes emit a red glow. I also have a pair of Focal open back headphones that are also practically new if interested.

Spec from website below -
The new 3rd gen now features a built-in linear power supply making the setup a breeze and a one-box solution. In addition, the 3rd gen employs a balanced headphone output driven by a pair of 12AU7 vacuum tubes. The power output is over 1.5w of power per channel @4 Ohms; ideal for a wide range of IEM (in-ear monitors) and power demanding full-sized headphones. The user-replaceable vacuum tubes can be upgraded at any time to customize the sound to the listener's preference. The class-leading performance ESS SABRE DAC allows the user to enjoy music from streaming services such as TIDAL, Qobuz, Apple Music, and Amazon Music HD in lossless resolution.

The new 3rd gen is also a tube preamplifier enabling the user to integrate WA7 fireflies with their home speakers system or drive a pair of desktop-powered speakers.

• Class-A balanced headphone amplifier and DAC
  • Up to 1.5w power output (4.4mm balanced)
  • Tubes: 12AU7 / 5963 driver tubes, self-biasing
  • Premium Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) tube sockets
  • ESS SABRE Audiophile DAC up to 24-bit/384kHz PCM, and 128DSD/5.6MHz
  • XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous USB compatible with PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices (with Apple CCK or Android OTG adapter)
  • High-retention USB connector x 1
  • RCA analog Input x 1
  • 4.4mm (5-pole) by Pentaconn by NIPPON DICS balanced headphone output (recommended)
  • 6.3mm (1/4”) stereo headphone output
  • Compatible with full-size headphones and IEMs (8–600 Ohms)
  • Frequency response: 10Hz to 46kHz, -3dB
  • Signal to noise ratio: 100 dB
  • Tube preamplifier function (PRE-OUT):
    - 4.4mm (5-pole) by Pentaconn by NIPPON DICS balanced pre-out output (recommended)
    - 6.3mm (1/4”) stereo pre-out
  • Anodized aluminum chassis, available in midnight black or silver [coming soon]
  • External dimensions with glass: 5.25" (H) x 4.8" (W) x 6" (D)
  • Weight: 8.5 lbs.(3.9kg)
  • Internal linear power supply
  • Global voltage (100v–240v) without converter
  • Designed and assembled in New York, USA
  • Three-year limited warranty

Attachments

• WOO.png
    WOO.png
    722.2 KB · Views: 0
  • WOO2.png
    WOO2.png
    609.9 KB · Views: 0