Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT Colt Combat Commander, 70 Series

Zip Code: 30103

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 2000
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 2000

Caliber: 45

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Colt Combat Commander 70 series model built in 1983, that was the last year of production for the 70 series. This pistol has been fully tuned and reworked by a gunsmith with Wilson Combat sights and Wilson Combat internals. Pistol also has a been reblued with a Colt Master Finish. This pistol is absolutely beautiful and has been the crown jewel of my colt collection for a long time.

Pictures:
Photo Sep 18 2023, 6 01 09 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18 2023, 6 01 16 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18 2023, 6 01 28 PM.jpg
Photo Sep 18 2023, 6 01 35 PM.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Not sure what you're pointing out? This is a series 70 pistol, it was actually manufactured in 1982 but this particular forum doesn't allow corrections after posting a for sale ad. The series 80 pistols came out in 1983.

View attachment 6309958
He was probably pointing out that officially Colt never made 70 Series Commander or Combat Commander. The term “70 Series” only really applies to the full size Government model pistol with the Collett barrel bushing. It’s a very common slip that really annoys some Colt purists (but not me). The term “80 Series” apples to both the Commander and Government models with the firing pin block.

Beautiful Combat Commander you have there for sure.

He was probably pointing out that officially Colt never made 70 Series Commander or Combat Commander. The term “70 Series” only really applies to the full size Government model pistol with the Collett barrel bushing. It’s a very common slip that really annoys some Colt purists (but not me). The term “80 Series” apples to both the Commander and Government models with the firing pin block.

Beautiful Combat Commander you have there for sure.

Ah, well true, I get what you're saying. I guess if I wanted to not offend the Colt purists I would have said that it has 70 series internals. I also own a 1976 Gold Cup National Match 70 series still new(ish) in the box. Even has the original hang tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom