• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FS/FT Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper-1862 and 1863

Status
Not open for further replies.
16   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper-1862 and 1863

Zip Code: 30517

Item is for: Sale or Trade

Sale Price: $550

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Make an offer, looking for side by side or pump 12g shotguns (+ cash unless really nice)

Caliber: Array

Willing To Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required: No

Item Description:
I've got here two copies of Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper. One is from 1862 and the other is late 1862 to mid 1863. There are some beautiful pages in them, and some that are not so great. I have had them looked at by a few antique dealers from my local area and they have consistently said they could easily bring in around $600 each, despite the condition some of the pages are in. These books are essentially a year's worth of a subscription-based magazine that gave the national news. Being that these are from the early Civil War years, you can guess that just about every article and illustration is about the war. I need to get rid of them because I am a full time college student and am short on cash. I've also not got the capacity to give these bits of history the display and treatment they deserve. I know this isn't the best place to be selling these, but I'm trying to hit all the sites I can to maximize the chance that the "right buyer" will stumble across them. Feel free to make a trade or cash offer. I'd prefer cash and/or a side by side shotgun, but I'll entertain any other reasonable offers you throw at me.

$550 each or a flat $1000 for both

In the first photo, the one on the left is 1862 and the right is late '62 to '63.

Pictures:
1403806072_1.jpg

1403806072_2.jpg

1403806072_3.jpg

1403806072_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom