Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT JM Marlin 1894 44 Magnum

Zip Code: 30076

Item is for: Sale
Sale Price: 800
Trade Value or Items Looking For: The only trade I would be interested in would be an ar pistol from DD or BCM plus cash from me.

Caliber: 44 Rem Mag

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No, but I want to see ID.

Item Description:
****I have decided to pull the ad and have the rifle serviced. I will relist it when I can confidently say it's problem free. Thanks for all of the interest.****

*I just lowered the price. I'm only trying to get out of it what I'm in it for. I paid around $750 for the rifle and another $100 for ammo.*

I'm selling my 1978 JM Marlin chambered in 44 Mag. Pre safety.

I'm the second owner of this rifle. I've only had it for about 6 months. It still has the Kmart scope (which is suprisingly accurate) the original owner installed. It has some scuffs and one nick in the stock (see pic).

Now, the bad. It jams (not all the time) when pulling a bullet from the magazine tube. I've only fired 12 bullets through it from 2 different manufacturers and I'm not sure what's going on. The jams started after the 3rd bullet. I had a gunsmith look at it and I was told I'm not swinging the lever hard enough, or that the weapon didn't like the ammo. I specifically asked if anything was broken, bent, or defective and he said no.
The gunsmith was able to cycle it without any issues using ammo from Hornady.

Im selling it because lever actions are just not my thing. This was my first, and to be honest it just frustrates me. I'll be applying the funds towards an AR pistol or something else.

It will come with 1 box of Magtech 240gr (45 out of 50 bullets), and 1 bag of GA Arms hollow points (43 bullets). The GA Arms are reloads, but it's all I could get my hands on when I bought the rifle.

Pictures:
20210609_160403-jpg.3302214

20210609_160435-jpg.3302218

20210609_160441-jpg.3302220

20210609_160625-jpg.3302221

20210609_160413-jpg.3302222

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Man I really like this a lot . I’m surprised it has not sold .
I just lowered the price so I can break even. Maybe it will find a good home, but I understand the hesitation. Parts are hard to find for this rifle. It's honestly turned me away from other lever actions I've seen. A local shop has a few JM Marlins including a 45/70 and as much as I would love to own it, I'm worried I'll have the same issue. I'm just going to stick with newer rifles for now.

Yea I understand all that myself . And unless your a true collector most people won’t take a chance on this . Honestly if I had the cash to spare on this I would grab it up from you . Who knows I may be able to soon .

Nice looking lever. It would look awesome with my Marlin 30-30.
I have an AR15 pistol in 223 wylde. It is a BCA upper with a Tn arms poly lower with cmmg lpk and a kak shockwave brace.
I have it listed in here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom