• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Metro Atlanta  FS/FT NIB S&W MODEL 642 38SPL + P 1.875" SS FXD DAO RB 5RD Sale or Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnsmith

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
70   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT NIB S&W MODEL 642 38SPL + P 1.875" SS FXD DAO RB 5RD Sale or Trade

Zip Code: 30064

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $420.
Trade Value or Items Looking For: NIB Ruger SR40c with all the stuff it comes with when purchased new including box

Caliber: 38 Special + P

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This is a New In Box, with everything that came with it, S&W MODEL 642-2 38SPL + P 1.875" SS FXD DAO RB 5RD revolver with one box of 50 count Remington HTP semi jacketed hollow point 125 grain 38 special + P ammo. It has not even been cleaned since firing at the factory as suggested by the manufacturer before first time firing. Sorry for poor photo quality.

This is an airweight model. This basic airweight model was developed with a hammer in the early 1950's and issued to US Airforce Pilots as their primary carry weapon and was also sold to the public. I had one of these "airweight" earlier models in 1954 and found it easy to carry in any pocket and this model should be handier being hammerless. I do need to see a CCL or DL, preferably a CCL. I also understand that the .38 +P packs a powerful punch!

$420 cash or will trade even only for a NIB Ruger SR40c with no ammo. 404-790-3510. I don't text.

Pictures:
dec-26-2015-003-jpg.626660

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I had one of these earlier models in 1954 and found it easy to carry in any pocket and the -2 should be handier being a hammerless model.

The "centennial" style revolvers were never issued to the armed forces. The concept of the "safety hammerless" goes back to the late 1800's.

The guns are not truly "hammerless", having an internal hammer, that is not exposed --as opposed to "striker" fired pistols. The hammer will "stack" just like an exposed hammer for the careful shooter.

The "-2" has nothing to do with it being a "hammerless" model. It designates a production series of the hammerless 642 - all 642s from 642 "no dash" to "642-XX" are hammerless..

The revolver you were issued in the Air Force had an exposed hammer and became the S&W Model 12.

The "centennial" style revolvers were never issued to the armed forces. The concept of the "safety hammerless" goes back to the late 1800's.

The guns are not truly "hammerless", having an internal hammer, that is not exposed --as opposed to "striker" fired pistols. The hammer will "stack" just like an exposed hammer for the careful shooter.

The "-2" has nothing to do with it being a "hammerless" model. It designates a production series of the hammerless 642 - all 642s from 642 "no dash" to "642-XX" are hammerless..

The revolver you were issued in the Air Force had an exposed hammer and became the S&W Model 12.

I didn't remember the model number of the airweight I had in 1954, but it did have a hammer. I was in the Army although my 38 was a civilian model and my brother was in the Air Force and had the same model issued to him.

I think you are wrong, this one has a lock. It is clear in your photo.

The little round indentation above the cylinder release is where the key inserts to lock or unlock it.

Last edited:
Certainly looks like a lock above the release too me as well, picture a bit blurry but certainly looks like a lock.

I think you are wrong, this one has a lock. It is clear in your photo.

The little round indentation above the cylinder release is where the key inserts to lock or unlock it.

I was going on only the way the store listed the pistol. I see the hole where the key goes and there is an arrow etched there pointing counterclodkwise with an L etched at the end of the arrow. And the pistol did come with a key which is still in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom