• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS FT Ruger 10/22 stainless, Volquartsen kit, magazines, extras- $325

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveLively

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Ruger 10/22 stainless, Volquartsen kit, magazines, extras- $325

Zip Code: 30044

Item is for: Sale Only unless you want to trade a S&W Compact 22
Sale Price: 325

Caliber: 22

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: For sale: Ruger 10/22, Volquartsen trigger and action kit, 9 magazines, scope mounts/ rings - $325

The ONLY trade I am interested in would be for a S&W Compact 22 in good condition, preferably without a threaded barrel.

This is my Ruger 10/22 with a Volquartsen trigger and action kit , synthetic stock, stainless steel barrel, 9 magazines, peep sight, two tip off scope bases, medium height tip off rings, a Weaver base and low Weaver rings. The gun is in very good shape but does have some small dings on the barrel where I missed with a punch while drifting in an iron sight and some light scuffs on the stock. It also has some stains on top of the receiver where the scope base was attached. Click here to see full size pictures for details.

When fed good ammo it will typically shoot about .75 to 1.0 inch groups at 50 yards.

I have owned a 10/22 for about 35 years and this particular one for about 25 but the receiver is about all that is left of the original gun. It started out as a standard carbine with a wood stock and stainless barrel. In the quest for more accuracy I put a heavy barrel and stock on it and installed a Volquartsen action plus kit in it. The gun shot great in that configuration but after 15 years I missed the lightweight plinker it used to be and bought the barrel and stock you see in the pictures to replace the originals. It was a lot of fun but I have moved on to other guns and rarely shoot it.

The Volquartsen action plus kit consists of the trigger parts, buffer, extended magazine release and automatic bolt release. The trigger is about 3 pounds,crisper than the stock trigger and is adjustable for over travel. The original parts are included if for some reason you want replace them but I cannot imagine why you would.

The 9 magazines consist of 3 very reliable Ruger 10 round magazines, two reliable Ruger BX-25 25 round magazines (one of which is still in the blister pack) and one 30 round Ramline magazine that worked pretty well. Also included are 4, 50 round double stack Ramline magazines I bought in the 80s that if loaded very carefully sometimes work.

Also included are 2 tip off bases, 1 Weaver base and a set of 1 inch rings for both types of bases. I replaced the factory rear sight with a folding peep sight. While I like the peep sight with it adjusted all the way down the gun shoots about 4 inches high at 50 yards.

I live in Lawrenceville but am frequently near Ellijay or Dawsonville on weekends. If you are a RBGC member we can meet there. Bass Pro is my preferred meeting place. Peek at drivers license or carry permit.

If you are interested please contact me via private message.

i-qtDwXPk-M.jpg

i-pDfNgwf-X2.jpg

i-m5gFFMp-M.jpg

i-7F3T6mC-M.jpg

i-fVwpHjp-M.jpg

i-f336frV-M.jpg

i-4wTPP7J-M.jpg

i-rX9PmV2-M.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom