Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Savage 110 .223, scope - $240

Zip Code: 30044

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 240
Trade Value or Items Looking For: The ONLY trade I would be interested in is for a Microtech or Benchmade OTF knife with a double edged blade.

Caliber: .223 Remington

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This is my Savage 110 chambered in 223 Remington. It has a mid-weight 24 inch barrel with a 1 in 12 twist, wooden stock and weighs about 8.5 pounds without a scope. It has a Leupold one piece scope base with 1 inch Leupold rings. The scope is Simmons 3x9. Look at https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-zHXdn8 to see the full size pictures at for details. The photo sharing site I am using is sometimes slow so hit refresh a few times before giving up if you do not see the full size pictures right away.

I bought this rifle about 30 years ago and am the original owner. I used it quite a bit as a range gun and plinker for a few years after I bought it but since moving to Georgia 25 years ago it now goes years between trips to the range so I am selling it. Since it has mostly been sitting in a safe and was never used in the field it is in very good shape and has a clean shiny bore.

With handloads made just for this gun, over sandbags on a solid bench and a different scope I have shot 100 yard, 5 shot groups under .5 inch with this rifle. But with factory ammo it likes expect groups in the .75 – 1. 5 inch range depending on the ammo. Due to the 1 in 12 twist it does best with bullets 55 or less and will not stabilize 70+ grain bullets made for rifles with a 1in 7 or 1 in 9 twist. The rifle has a standard 223 chamber, not 5.56 and while it does ok with FMJ ammo in general it absolutely hates cheap Russian steel case, bi-metal bullet ammo.

The scope is an inexpensive Simmons 3x9 with 40 mm objective I have used as a utility scope on various rifles over the past 30 years. It has scuffs and mounting marks on the outside but still holds zero and the glass has not been scratched or damaged. It is not a Leupold/Vortex/Nikon but it works.

I sighted in the rifle last weekend with 55 grain factory ammo so it should be on the paper at 100 yards.

I live in Lawrenceville but am frequently near Ellijay or Dawsonville on weekends. If you are a RBGC member we can meet there. Bass Pro is my preferred meeting place. Peek at drivers license or carry permit.

If you are interested please contact me via private message.

i-sZzWb8H.jpg

i-RpGVS2w.jpg

i-jQTq6dV.jpg

i-kGgdt6B.jpg

i-TWVRgtS.jpg

i-TQDLL95.jpg

i-83mRq34.jpg

i-HxRz5gG.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom