• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS PICS ADDED. Great price on a Outboard Motor. Johnson 115hp 2 stoke.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...outboard-motor-johnson-115hp-2-stoke.2451574/
Item Name: FS Great price on a Outboard Motor. Johnson 115hp 2 stoke.

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $1500

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Pics to come later today.

This motor is in great condition. There were some electrical issues when I got it a couple of years ago, but they have been fixed by Gwinnett Marine and it has proven to be very reliable since then. It's a 2000 year that has about 500 hours on it. The compression is excellent in all four cylinders and it has had proper maintains all it's life. The person that had it before me was a retired Coast Guard Cutter Captain that has the Sea Tow franchise in Panama City Florida. It was on his personal boat (which I bought), not his Sea Tow boat. I even had the cowling professionally painted, so it looks great.

The only problem it has is that a seal in the trim system has failed, so if you put to much power into it while in reverse it will lift the motor up. Trimming the motor otherwise works fine.

I'm selling it because I repowered my boat. The 115hp was minimum power rating for it and I wanted more power and a 4 stroke. It's on consignment at Gwinnett Marine and $1500 is a hell of a bargain for an excellent motor, so it is priced to sell.

I'll post better pics later, but here it is on the boat it was just taken off of.

Pictures:
boat-jpg.3150398

That IS a great price for a 115.
Yep. Just want it gone.

It's a sold motor that still has a ton of life in it. Compression is that of a new one and most of the electricals are new. On a slightly smaller boat this thing will run like a scalded dog. Top end on my 20 foot cc was around 32mph. When fully loaded, three adults, lots of fishing gear and a full tank, it struggled a little to get on plain, but got there without too much trouble. Put it on an 18 foot with two people and less of a V hull than mine and it's going to fly.

Back
Top Bottom