• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Metro Atlanta  FS Smith & Wesson 27-2 revolver 8 3/8" barrel - Original purchase permit from 12/23/1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooTradingCo.

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Smith & Wesson 27-2 revolver 8 3/8" barrel - Original purchase permit from 12/23/1970

Zip Code: 30263

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $825

Caliber: .357 mag

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I'm doing some safe cleaning and selling some revolvers, but this is the cream of the crop. Up for sale is a Smith & Wesson 27-2 revolver in .357 mag. It is blued with a 8 3/8" barrel. There is some minor blueing loss at the tip of the barrel and there is a faint line around the cylinder. Unfortunately, the original wood grips were removed years ago and replaced with a set of Pachmayr grips. I do not have the box/docs, but I do have a copy of the original purchase permit dated 12/23/1970 that was issued when the pistol was purchased. The purchase permit has the signature of the original purchaser and the signature of the Chief of Police. It is a great bit of history to go along with the gun.

Asking $825 in or near Newnan. I'm available to drive to meet if you kick in a little extra for time and gas. I've tried to take lots of pictures to show the condition of the gun, but if you want specific pictures, let me know (fair warning though, my photography skills aren't the best). Thanks for looking and check out my other listings.

Pictures:
image-jpg.432111

image-jpg.432113

image-jpg.432115

image-jpg.432117

image-jpg.432118

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
An ODT member sent me a message saying the hammer and trigger are not original to the gun. I am far far from a Smith & Wesson revolver aficionado, so I'm inclined to trust his opinion. I can say that if the trigger and hammer were replaced (most likely the case) then it was done more than 20 years ago.....that was when my family got the revolver from the original owner and the trigger and hammer were like that when we got it.

I personally would say that they are probably original parts to the gun, just someone had them polished and jeweled at some point. Back in the 70s and 80s, jeweling the hammer and trigger was much more popular than today. Bit i am just a squire though in the classic S&W world. On another note, I have a rem 700 from 1978 that has a jeweled bolt, and it's the slickest action I have ever felt. Definitely no dealbreaker as the gun will shoot all the same, and it is most definitely a shooter. Glws Voodoo..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom