Georgia Metro Atlanta  FS WW I Remington United States Rifle, cal .30, Model of 1917 w original barrel ME 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS WW I Remington United States Rifle, cal .30, Model of 1917 w original barrel ME 1.5

Zip Code: 30269

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $650

Caliber: 30-06

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: 100th anniversary of US involvement in WWI is next year! Beat the rush!

Must have for serious MILSURP Collectors! The Allied Expeditionary Force carried more M1917s that 1903s!

Eddystone made 1,181,908 rifles – more than the production of Remington (545,541 rifles) and Winchester (465,980 rifles) combined

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1917_Enfield

I just bought another Remington M1917 so this one is excess to my needs.

The major difference is that the finish on my new one is slightly nicer and my son likes it better. It has an import mark under the barrel but I can live with that.

This Remington is actually a better shooter but my Eddystone and Winchester shoot very tight.

This Remington pictured below is not import marked and the barrel is mirror bright with an ME of 1.5!

Finish has a few rough spots w minor very light pitting but it is a 99 year old rifle.

Oh and there is a stock repair behind the bolt on the small of the stock. I have shot it and it is a solid repair.

The barrel is original to the receiver a Remington 5-18.

Pictures:
remington-sn-jpg.794725

remington-r-profile-jpg.794726

remington-me-jpg.794727

remington-stock-tang-jpg.794728

remington-receiver-right-side-jpg.794729

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Is this the precessor to the Garand? I know I want one of the Carbines, probably the QP we've been discussing, but this seems very nice as well, lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Is this the precessor to the Garand? I know I want one of the Carbines, probably the QP we've been discussing, but this seems very nice as well, lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This was never an official US Service rifle although it outnumbered the official M1903. Springfield and Rock Island Arsenal could not produce enough 1903s for US troops so Eddystone (a Remington subsidiary), Remington and Winchester retooled the P-14 they were producing for Great Britain to the P-17 or Model 1917.

This is a great rifle and there are a lot more carbines that were produced. Tough call but I'd lean toward the carbine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom