Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS WWII Vintage 1944 Llama 9mm Largo / .38 Super

Zip Code: 30047

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 750

Caliber: Other

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I thought I would post up a few of my lesser expensive but quite collectable South American / Spanish manufacture Military / Police 1911’s for your consideration.

First up is my Spanish 1944 Llama Model V chambered in 9mm Largo / .38 Super. The Model V is unique in the Llama lineup as being the only 9mm Largo model manufactured for and proof tested for the .38 Super round. Both are 9x23mm cases. I’ve shot both through this gun with no ill effects.

The serial number places it’s date of manufacture as a WWII Vintage Ordinance. It is as pristine as one will find, but the photos below tell of its condition better than words can. The "flaming bomb" and other proof marks on this gun make it quite desirable from a collectability standpoint.

As far as 1911 compatibility goes, except for the “off caliber” barrel and barrel bushing, the slide and it’s components appear to be fully compatible. The lower is quite a bit different from a standard 1911 as it has no grip safety or traditional mainspring housing. I bought this as a historical piece and haven’t tried to “tinker” with it as I did with my other 1911’s. 9mm Largo ammunition is fairly easy to obtain from a variety of online sellers, and you can also run .38 Super through it, although I primarily shot 9mm Largo.

My ask on this collectable war-horse is $750 (OBRO). You won’t easily find one of these in better condition, and it’s made far, far better than the Llama’s of the 1970’s renown. I firmly believe these early Llama’s have a place in the collection of any serious military firearms collector..

I do work exceptionally long hours and don't live on Addicts any longer, so there may be some delay in my response. I also don’t always receive notifications from posts in this thread but do receive them from PM’s (go figure).

I will go through PM responses I get in the order I receive them. Not everyone says "PM Sent" or "I'll Take It" in the threads. I tend to watch PM's more than postings in the listing, so if you want to get noticed, PM me.

Now for a message from the ODT legal team:

By contacting me and making me an offer on this firearm you affirm that you are legally eligible to purchase & own a rifle in the state of Georgia. I reserve the right to negotiate with and sell to whomever I wish, regardless of when said PM or "I'll take it" was sent. (Your feedback will be scrutinized. Please feel free to do the same with mine.) Laws will be followed. A peek at your CCW license may be required.

Thanks for looking, thanks for your interest, and if you comment on my post, THANKS FOR THE BUMP!

Z

Llama (Model IV) 1911 - 001.JPG

Llama Model V - 003.JPG

Llama Model V - 004.JPG

Llama Model V - 005.JPG

Llama Model V - 006.JPG
Llama Model V - 007.JPG

Llama Model V - 013.JPG

Llama Model V - 010.JPG
Llama Model V - 011.JPG

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom