Full length guide rod for Springfield Champion

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
378   0
Reaction score
Is there one available? I've read that the Kimber Pro guide rod will work but they're OOS on their site or its been discontinued, I don't remember which and I can't find one available anywhere else. I just cut down a Commander length guide rod for a bushed 1911 ( it was about 3/8" too long) but I can't reassemble it with the recoil spring in. If I just put the rod in, I can get it back together. So that was a wasted effort and a waste of $30.

Back to square one.

I know someone's gonna ask, I want one because I hate reassembly with the GI rod in there and this is my pretty gun, so to speak, and I like the way a FLGR looks, especially on a stainless gun.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'm assuming yours is a full size 1911? The one I'm having an issue with is a commander size with a bushingless bull barrel.
can;t help you there then as i did have a full sized 1911, good luck i know the two piece guide rod is the only complaint i ever had with the old loaded 1911

Update. The new guide rod works. But once installed, I have to cut it some more so I'm in the process of marking it and cutting it again.

I had to use the paperclip trick for the install. That's something I've never had to do before but I guess you learn something new everyday.
20151104_162740.jpg

Little time and elbow grease with a few hand files did the trick. Would have been easier with a cutoff wheel initially but I don't have one of those at home.

I could probably take it down just a little bit more but I'd rather leave it a little long than try and finesse it and take off too much.
20151104_170718.jpg
20151104_170738.jpg

Never needed a paperclip to take down or assemble a 1911 before. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom