• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gauging Interest: Recreational Lease in Carroll County

What do you think is a fair daily rate for an exclusive recreational lease of 20 - 30 acres?

• Under $25

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • $25 to $50

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • $51 to $100

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • $101 to $150

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Over $150

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is a bad idea

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

skypirate7

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
I own over 20 acres of wooded land in Carroll County (zoned agricultural), a few miles from the Douglas County line, roughly 25 minutes from Douglasville and under 20 minutes from Newnan. I don't hunt but I've seen plenty of deer, which are attracted to the creek which cuts through the property. I currently use the property recreationally (target shooting up to 200 yards, camping, etc).

I'm interested in leasing out the land to hunters or anyone else who wants to enjoy the land recreationally, perhaps with a daily or weekly rate. The land, when leased, would be enjoyed exclusively by the leasee. I think some folks would prefer this exclusivity and the flexibility of a la carte booking over a traditional hunting club.

Would this be something that people are interested in? What would be a fair daily rate for this sort of thing? I welcome all feedback.

I was one of 10 leaseholders of a 100 acre lot out in Temple a few years back. Used it for steel target shooting, and loved it. However, it wound up being too far for me to get to regularly and I didn't renew my share of the lease. Had it been closer, I'd have used it much more frequently and had no issue paying the lease fee. Your property, unfortunately, is also too far for me otherwise I would express interest.

I could see a weekly lease being a thing people would be interested in. Hell they flock to WMA’s which only allow 3-6 deer hunting dates for firearms. I’d say place limits on game harvested. Similar to QDM counties and WMA’s.

If the creek you are referring to is Wolf Creek I may be interested. My hunting club is right where you are talking about. I would love to have a secret honey hole to ambush deer sneaking off of my club to avoid the pressure. Shoot me a PM if my assumptions are correct.

If the creek you are referring to is Wolf Creek I may be interested. My hunting club is right where you are talking about. I would love to have a secret honey hole to ambush deer sneaking off of my club to avoid the pressure. Shoot me a PM if my assumptions are correct.

Somewhat near Wolf Creek but that’s not the creek that runs on my land. My creek is a small unnamed creek which appears to be fed by a natural ground spring on my land.

I’m guessing your club is MMM Hunting Club?

I could see doing a weekend rate as an option. I know some friends and I would like the opportunity to have some decent length range time to ourselves, and would probably look @ making it a weekend event, camping overnight.

I could see $50-100 for the weekend, as that split amongst 2-4 people would be a pretty decent deal.

Back
Top Bottom