Gen 4 or gen 5

Ferguson0089

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   1
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a glock. Just wondering do you guys like the gen 4 or gen 5 better I have had a couple gen 4's haven't even handled a gen 5. What's y'all's thought on the gen 5

Really just wondering how it feels with out the finger grooves
The grooves have never bothered me except for on the smaller Glocks. Everyone's hands are different and everyone style is different. The best thing anyone can do is go to arrange that offers both and try them out. There are certain Generations I prefer over others and that doesn't mean that someone else doesn't have a differing opinion. You are your own best judge don't believe the hype

The grooves have never bothered me except for on the smaller Glocks. Everyone's hands are different and everyone style is different. The best thing anyone can do is go to arrange that offers both and try them out. There are certain Generations I prefer over others and that doesn't mean that someone else doesn't have a differing opinion. You are your own best judge don't believe the hype
I completely agree with this. It's widely known in competition circles that you can get a better trigger in the Gen 3 Glocks than in the Gen 4 Glocks. I don't get along well with Gen 3 though because of the mag release and grip size. I will say that the triggers on the Gen 5s are better then the Gen 4s with in both stock and modified form. Significantly better? I don't know about that, but they are noticeably better.

Gen 5's have a different barrel that shoots groups about half the size of Gen 1-4. Supposedly the triggers are better too, but I can't really tell. You can also get a Gen 5 with factory night sights and it only costs like $30-$40 over what the standard plastic sights cost. If I were buying, I'd prefer a gen 5 unless I found a smoking deal on a gen 4 and by smoking deal, sub $400.

Back
Top Bottom