• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

General Grabber AT2's

CCR

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Banned Permanently
7   0
Reaction score
Any of you run these or have in the past? I need new tires and like the look/price of the Grabber AT2's. I'm not an off-roader or any of that, just want some good grip for the hunting roads on WMA's and lease.

Bought a set a General Grabbers about 10 years ago and put them on a full size Blazer. They went about 25k and started to bubble where the tread met the sidewall. General was going to replace the tires but I told them no thanks. I bought a set of new BFG AT's.

That may have been an isolated incident, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Bought a set a General Grabbers about 10 years ago and put them on a full size Blazer. They went about 25k and started to bubble where the tread met the sidewall. General was going to replace the tires but I told them no thanks. I bought a set of new BFG AT's.That may have been an isolated incident, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Funny you say that...this is one of the first pics you see when you google General Grabber AT2's:

http://www.yotatech.com/attachments/f105/9658d1156618460-general-grabber-at2s-img_0659.jpg

I wonder if it was a problem of the past...

Bought a set a General Grabbers about 10 years ago and put them on a full size Blazer. They went about 25k and started to bubble where the tread met the sidewall. General was going to replace the tires but I told them no thanks. I bought a set of new BFG AT's.

That may have been an isolated incident, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Having run just about all off road tires my vote is either BFG AT's as stated above or Nitto Trail Grapplers. These are the BEST tires.

Good post... I wish i would of read this before I opened one for myself..... I heard the same about the OLD Grabbers... I read that issue had been addressed..... I read some good feedback on Firestone Destination A/T also... they are pretty inexpensive also.... Let me know what you go with and why....

I have a set on my company truck for about 2 years around 35K on them. They have seen some hard off road use in mud, muck and rock. I work for a cross country pipeline company my area is from Tallapoosa Ga. to Cleveland Tn. I've really been satisfied with them. I have a set on my land rover too. I did try the BFG but didn't get good service out of them. The best tire I ever had was the M/T baja's ATs before they changed the tread design and raised the price $100 per tire.

Back
Top Bottom