Georgia State Park Pass (more of a gripe)

Should Georgia stop charging for state parks parking fees?

• Other States should charge access fees to park.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So in GA for the last few years you have to have a park pass or pay the 5 dollars to park. Georgia also have a 6% income tax. Alabama has ZERO park access fees, 5% income tax and the 48th cheapest property tax(and a lot of new paved roads in certain parts). Tennessee eliminated all park access fees in 2006 and has 0% income tax.

To me all states have beautiful areas and up here in NW GA your within 30-40 mins of all the 3 states. Are they trying to get people to move out of north ga?

I guess I don't understand we pay more taxes here and they charge me to park at state park. Then if you want to primitive camp its another what 10-12 bucks.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems our taxes should pay for our state parks.
If Alabama is so damn great why do I see 1000's of Alabama cars in Georgia. STAY IN ALABAMA.Use their parks and travel their dirt roads.

Also really torques me to have to pay an entry fee to get into a state park that my tax dollars paid for already

So how did GA maintain the parks before they started the entry fee ?

I haven’t noticed any real improvement in the condition of the parks

On top of charging a entry fee
what they have done is eliminate most of the jobs of the people who ran the concession stand , lifeguards at the swimming area etc

What it has done though
Is get rid of the locals

Vogel used to be so busy you couldn’t find a parking spot in the summer
And it was mostly locals

Now it’s a ghost town
The county has a nice park and it doesn’t have an entry fee so the locals all go there

Also if you’re any good with a xerox machine or laptop and printer you can make your own annual pass

Just sayin ....

Back
Top Bottom