• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Give me a call?

What's up with the people that contact you about a classified ad and want you to call them?

Why can't they just ask whatever questions in a PM?

I refuse to do business over the phone. PMs or keep kicking the can.

The feedback is the only thing that separates us from the scammers.

Being new is no excuse.

Rant over.
I rarely, if ever, make a deal if I cannot speak to the person. You cannot gauge a person by text only, when buying or selling firearms you should want to know what kind of person you might be dealing with.
While not fool proof, someone that doesn't communicate by voice is setting themselves up to be scammed, robbed, or transacting with someone that I would rather not.
I have routinely shut off Negotiations when someone won't speak to me on the phone. Only exception would something negligible traded by mail.

Confirm the deal in PM, how you get there is your business.

1. Why not just ask the questions in the PM?
Then there is a written record of who said what.

2. Then PM for a meeting time and place.

3. Call just before anybody leaves for the meet.

I am an impatient type of person. I have no desire to ask a question and wait hours (or days) for an answer. When I decide that I want something, I want the deal over and done with as quickly as possible. I don't mind waiting a few days for the FTF when it is more convenient for the seller; but I don't want him playing computer tag with me while trying to hammer out a deal with someone else.

The final PM that I mentioned in my first reply is written in such a manner to confirm all details of the phone conversation/agreement. If either party fails to live up to the agreements outlined in that PM, negative feedback is probably in order.

I will do a deal over PM, email, letter, phone, Facebook, text, Instagram, smoke signals, morse code, I don't really give a ****. It's called technology and I use it.

But before a meet is set up, I will have all the specifics in a PM on here just to back up a neg if one has to happen.

I prefer a phone call also after the first PM or two. You can ask questions and listen to an answer, this allows the person hearing the response to listen for hidden things. With text or PM you miss too much. I would not interrogate someone using text or PM's. When you are buying or trading one thing for another you are in a sense interrogating the seller or other trader. Too much is missed in PM and the process takes too long. Call me.

If I had my way I would never talk on the phone. I have let deals fall apart for guns I really wanted because I was unwilling to call the other person or give them my phone number until a deal had been reached. I ODT in the background while doing other things and am not going to stop whatever it is I am doing to talk to some guy I don't know on the phone. Nope, not doing it.

You must be new. :rolleyes:

th
THAT MADE MY SUGER GO UP OVER 300! GOT TO GIVE MYSELF AN INSULIN FIX! MY FAVORITE CANDY BAR!

Back
Top Bottom