• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock 19 parts

gunguy22

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
11   1
Reaction score
new on here on the ODT, and I'm trading Monday for my first Glock 19. Planning on adding some aftermarket stuff to it. With me being 21 and fairly new to the gun world, I'm just looking for some advice on parts. I'm just mainly looking for advice on what brands to get and ins and outs of certain parts. I'm planing on doing an extended slide lock lever, longer slide release, and night sites. Don't wanna do extended mag release because I don't want to accidentally hit it while carrying. I know either truglo or Trijicon for night sites but as far as the other parts I have no idea.

Im also planning on getting WetWerks and FS Defense to CNC my slide as well as cerakote parts here and there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

new on here on the ODT, and I'm trading Monday for my first Glock 19. Planning on adding some aftermarket stuff to it. With me being 21 and fairly new to the gun world, I'm just looking for some advice on parts. I'm just mainly looking for advice on what brands to get and ins and outs of certain parts. I'm planing on doing an extended slide lock lever, longer slide release, and night sites. Don't wanna do extended mag release because I don't want to accidentally hit it while carrying. I know either truglo or Trijicon for night sites but as far as the other parts I have no idea.

Im also planning on getting WetWerks and FS Defense to CNC my slide as well as cerakote parts here and there.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
First off welcome to the gun world..second.. get to know your gun first before making it look good..spend the money on ammo and range time..the first parts can be had at Glock factory in Smyrna..they will add extended slide release free and night sites for 60$ while you wait.. ITs your gun your choice but learn its ins and outs before you paint it...learn the proper way to manipulate it,field strip it and clean it

What Brad Sweet said exactly . Glock will sell you night sites reasonable . Extended slide stops are a just ask for it item . They will also freshen up the gun if needed

First off welcome to the gun world..second.. get to know your gun first before making it look good..spend the money on ammo and range time..the first parts can be had at Glock factory in Smyrna..they will add extended slide release free and night sites for 60$ while you wait.. ITs your gun your choice but learn its ins and outs before you paint it...learn the proper way to manipulate it,field strip it and clean it

I would second this. If you can't drive out to Smyrna, the guys at Trading Place in Monroe can get you set up with the extended lock/release (a MUST IMHO). I run the TFO and TFX and am pretty pleased with them.

I know it may not seem as cool as those additional upgrades, but if your budget is limited, use those bucks to invest in some solid training. Give yourself a good foundation on which to train instead of picking up a lot of bad habits. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve with good instruction. The bells and whistles can come later.

I would second this. If you can't drive out to Smyrna, the guys at Trading Place in Monroe can get you set up with the extended lock/release (a MUST IMHO). I run the TFO and TFX and am pretty pleased with them.

I know it may not seem as cool as those additional upgrades, but if your budget is limited, use those bucks to invest in some solid training. Give yourself a good foundation on which to train instead of picking up a lot of bad habits. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve with good instruction. The bells and whistles can come later.
All that and a second as well..impress your friends will your groups and how you handle the gun vs. having the coolest or the most eye catching stuff..every body loves mall ninja stuff but practical and tactile shooting is what you're focus should be...become the expert swordsman...Glock........well you will see how well and reliable its functions are and the 19 is my personal favorite and EDC (every day carry) i rely on it will my life

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom