Glock 19x Made in USA vs Austria

KB1176

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
433   0
Reaction score
I recently bought two Glock 19x from different stores. I bought one to shoot and one to keep in the safe. One says made in Austria, one is Made in USA.

There are some opinions on the web, anyone here know if there’s a difference at all other than the stamp?

I prefer Austria all the way... would you rather have a American ferrari if made here, Are a Italian ferrari? I rather have a italian. I always choose the country of birth for my guns, like berreta MADE IN ITALY not the model made in USA. You ask 20 different people you’ll probably get 20 different answers about which one is better.

So why is the US version priced not lower but higher than the Austrian version? A big box sporting goods store had both the US and Austrian G19x. The US version was $20 more. I got the US because I liked the USA and the state of GA marks. Little differences made it unique. But if I had to guess which would cost more I'd go with the import. But that wasn't the case.

There is zero difference. The tooling, materials, etc all come from Austria. My 43 is USA, but all my other Glocks are Austria. I never cared. Now that Glock no longer uses Tennifer it is irrelevant.

We have an American Ferrari, it's called a Corvette and costs 100k less and is much more reliable. I love things Italian, own 5 Italian motorcycles and had a Afla 155, but dollar for dollar not much beats a vette.

Just a guess but given the USA plant is smaller, run by people who have rights, and gun owners i'd say the USA stuff is paid a little more attention

Back
Top Bottom