• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock 22

Did you see any Glock 22s that were grade A or B? All of the G22s are grade C. Some are older than gen 3. If you look around at some of these online places like Aim Surplus or CDNN they have a bunch of 40 cal Glocks that are LE trade in so likely these are as well.

www.bidderone.com and it is free to set up an account. If you wish to see any of the items in person, you simply go to one of the viewing days. Most all bids start at $5 and go up in $5 steps. It is like any other auction, you are at the mercy of the other bidders. You can make arrangements with the auction house at time of invoice to pay cash even if you have a cc associated with the account. I have picked up two guns through auctions with them and did not overpay for either. You just need to calculate the buyer's premium in when bidding and bid the max amount you are willing to pay.

So this local auction site has about 20 Glock 22 in 40 listed. Are these any good?

To your original question, they are fine pistols. Glock is incredibly reliable; That's why the Cobb Co. Police use them. Not everyone likes them because they are ugly and some hands don't like the grip. But I bought a LE trade in G22 gen3 for $299 at Adventure Outdoors a few years ago. I took it straight to Glocks complex 10 minutes away and since they have a lifetime warranty on each pistol they examined it for me and replaced worn springs and outdated parts. That makes Glocks special, particularly for Smyrna/Metro Atlanta locals. If yours has holster wear Glock will recoat (Tenifer) it for around $75 (returned from Austria about 6 weeks later). Mine had old night sites that needed replacing. Glock did that for $57 dollars. That is less than most night sites cost for parts only, let alone installation.

Out of curiousity, is this auction site one where you pay for each bid you make?

To your original question, they are fine pistols. Glock is incredibly reliable; That's why the Cobb Co. Police use them. Not everyone likes them because they are ugly and some hands don't like the grip. But I bought a LE trade in G22 gen3 for $299 at Adventure Outdoors a few years ago. I took it straight to Glocks complex 10 minutes away and since they have a lifetime warranty on each pistol they examined it for me and replaced worn springs and outdated parts. That makes Glocks special, particularly for Smyrna/Metro Atlanta locals. If yours has holster wear Glock will recoat (Tenifer) it for around $75 (returned from Austria about 6 weeks later). Mine had old night sites that needed replacing. Glock did that for $57 dollars. That is less than most night sites cost for parts only, let alone installation.

Out of curiousity, is this auction site one where you pay for each bid you make?

No, this is just a standard auction company. They run internet auctions, estate sales and auto auctions. Setting up an account is free and you will need a debit/credit card to set up payment to bid. If you win an item and you want to pay cash, call them when you receive your emailed invoice and make arrangements and you can pay cash.

Back
Top Bottom