• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock 23C RTF2 With Gills

Crumley25

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
385   0
Reaction score
I just picked this Glock 23C RTF2 With the Gills Brand New this morning. I know they are supposed to be pretty rare but can anyone tell me exactly how much. Like how many were made or anything like that?
i43.tinypic.com_21ccnq1.jpg

Last edited:
RTF2's are becoming more and more rare in general. This is because from my understanding Glock didn't make but a few production runs (gills and straight slide serrations), after which they ceased regular production. Stating the RTF2 model would only be available to MIL/LEO contracts for order. Since production stopped only one agency has ordered the RTF2 guns and as a result a number of production overflow guns made it to the civilian market place. The Glock 21 SF RTF2 which was made on contract for the Arkansas State Police is that gun. I am lucky enough to have one and I know at least two other members here that have one as well. The value on these guns is all over the place but here locally it seems the average is around $700 for a NIB example.

There are two types of RTF2's the ones with gills and the ones with straight slide serrations. The gills can be found on the first production runs of RTF2 models. Glock later discontinued this slide variation and went back to the classic straight slide serration (my personal preference). You will find people who only like the "gills" and only like the straight serrations this will play with the value a little. I do not know what the total production numbers were on the RTF2 guns but they are far fewer than the OD guns. ;) Like the OD guns, it seemed nobody really wanted the RTF2 guns until Glock discontinued them. Now everyone wants them. If Glock started producing them again I doubt they would sell.

My advice don't worry about the value (which is probably about $550, except that it is a blue label which means someone probably only paid $400 for it ;)). The Glock 19/23 is probably one of the finest handguns ever designed and what you have there is a shooter, not a collector. The RTF2 grip makes it even better. Personally I think every Glock should have an RTF2 option. It was one of the smarter things Glock has done over the years. On a fighting gun the RTF2 texture makes no apologizes it just works.
110.jpg

Last edited:
YOUR CRAZY FOR LETTING IT GO NO OFFENSE BUT WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING...?,OBVIOUSLY didn't do his research omg...
The 2nd rarest Glock to that is the 19c fde rtf2 by Vickers tac. Now that's a sweet baby

YOUR CRAZY FOR LETTING IT GO NO OFFENSE BUT WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING...?,OBVIOUSLY didn't do his research omg...
The 2nd rarest Glock to that is the 19c fde rtf2 by Vickers tac. Now that's a sweet baby

You are going to have to prove that to me. I've never heard of a Vickers 19C RTF2. If it is a slide swap and not a production gun with matching SN# then that doesn't count.

I have seen several of the 23c RTF2 glocks pop up on the trader. I actually bought this one new from my dealer, I have purchased one and traded for one on this site. I have also picked up two of the normal 23 RTF2 with gills, and 22 RTF2 with gills and a 19 RTF2 without gills. They are not all that rare, they produced these guns for almost a year. Even if it was, still just a Glock in the end.

There is no such thing as a Vickers 19c. If there is you will have to show me. I will also need to see the serial numbers for the slide and the frame.

Back
Top Bottom