Glock 48/43X aftermarket flush 15 round mags!?!

What do ya like about it better than a 19? I handled one and it seemed fairly close in size

In my subjective opinion, it feels significantly thinner in the hand and in the waistband (moreso than it should, given the actual measurements). It’s also one of the first factory Glocks I’ve ever held that doesn’t seem ‘oversprung’ with the OEM spring. While it does have a hint more muzzle rise than full size Glocks when shooting NATO and +P ammo, there is something magic about the sight tracking. Rip off fast doubles and the sights return to exactly the same spot. Could just be the way the grip interfaces with my particular hand size. If it had the trigger feel of the Gen 5 full size pistols it would be 100% perfect.

It also has the breach face cut to help extraction/ejection (So far only included on the G45, G43X, G48, and the Gen 5 MOS pistols). This little upgrade makes BTF a thing of the past with any ammo, and any grip. It was kicking HST +P’s over 8 feet yesterday. Directly 3:30 to the same, predictable spot.

In my subjective opinion, it feels significantly thinner in the hand and in the waistband (moreso than it should, given the actual measurements). It’s also one of the first factory Glocks I’ve ever held that doesn’t seem ‘oversprung’ with the OEM spring. While it does have a hint more muzzle rise than full size Glocks when shooting NATO and +P ammo, there is something magic about the sight tracking. Rip off fast doubles and the sights return to exactly the same spot. Could just be the way the grip interfaces with my particular hand size. If it had the trigger feel of the Gen 5 full size pistols it would be 100% perfect.

It also has the breach face cut to help extraction/ejection (So far only included on the G45, G43X, G48, and the Gen 5 MOS pistols). This little upgrade makes BTF a thing of the past with any ammo, and any grip. It was kicking HST +P’s over 8 feet yesterday. Directly 3:30 to the same, predictable spot.

Is the trigger bad? How would you compare it to the gen 4 triggers? I am curious because this will most likely be my next carry gun. I have yet to shoot one, or even hold one, but it has my undivided attention.

Is the trigger bad? How would you compare it to the gen 4 triggers? I am curious because this will most likely be my next carry gun. I have yet to shoot one, or even hold one, but it has my undivided attention.

Try before you buy, all Glock triggers are like a box of chocolates. You can easily get over a half pound difference from consecutive Serial Number pistols. The Gen 4 is a similar trigger feel, and a regular G43 should be a very similar feel. Mine came gritty, six pounds, very hard wall. There’s no getting rid of that wall.. just the geometry of packing all the trigger components into a smaller frame. IMO the current G26-19-17 Gen 5 are the very best triggers Glock has ever offered. The G48, not so much. But I’m still loving it for a carry gun, where 7 yards is the longest I’m really worried about. I can shoot it at 20+ yards, but it’s not enjoyable like a stock G45 or a tuned G17.

Reactions: MRH
Try before you buy, all Glock triggers are like a box of chocolates. You can easily get over a half pound difference from consecutive Serial Number pistols. The Gen 4 is a similar trigger feel, and a regular G43 should be a very similar feel. Mine came gritty, six pounds, very hard wall. There’s no getting rid of that wall.. just the geometry of packing all the trigger components into a smaller frame. IMO the current G26-19-17 Gen 5 are the very best triggers Glock has ever offered. The G48, not so much. But I’m still loving it for a carry gun, where 7 yards is the longest I’m really worried about. I can shoot it at 20+ yards, but it’s not enjoyable like a stock G45 or a tuned G17.

Thanks!
I am used to my factory gen 4 triggers so it seems very natural to me, with a good reset, but it sounds as though the G48 will have a heavier break that isn't quite as smooth. I have yet to try a gen 5 but the general consensus among shooters is the triggers are the best Glock has ever produced.

I want to like the G48 for the size and it has adequate capacity, IMO, but it needs to be a good shooter too. I prefer my guns to be very accurate at much greater distances than 7 yds, and feel that 20 yards, and even farther, is a very real possibility in a SD situation.

I appreciate the detailed response. You gave me a lot of good information. I will make sure I try out a G48 before I drop the coin.

Thanks!
I am used to my factory gen 4 triggers so it seems very natural to me, with a good reset, but it sounds as though the G48 will have a heavier break that isn't quite as smooth. I have yet to try a gen 5 but the general consensus among shooters is the triggers are the best Glock has ever produced.

I want to like the G48 for the size and it has adequate capacity, IMO, but it needs to be a good shooter too. I prefer my guns to be very accurate at much greater distances than 7 yds, and feel that 20 yards, and even farther, is a very real possibility in a SD situation.

I appreciate the detailed response. You gave me a lot of good information. I will make sure I try out a G48 before I drop the coin.

I’ve done some 4” groups at 20 yards with garbage ammo, off a bag. I’m certain with better Ammo and a better shooter, the accuracy is there.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom