Status
Not open for further replies.

fondoo57

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Banned Permanently
8   0
Reaction score
Will a G22 barrel work in a G23 ? I know the Glock 40 mags will hold the 357sig but will the Glock 357sig mags hold the 40 ? how rare is a G31C, is it an uncommon model or nothing to brag about ?
I've got a G23 I carry now but I just acquired a beautiful G31C 357sig with 40 conversion barrel and guiderod, ns, 2 holsters and ammo. It's in exceptionally good low round count condition.
I only want one 40 in the arsenal so I only want to keep 1 of these 2 great Glocks and am not sure which to hang onto. Any advice from anyone that has experience with these ?
I know compact barrels won't work in the full size but will full size work in compact models ? Can I thread a G22 barrel and use it in my G23 ?

Last edited:
The full size Glocks(17/22/31) have longer chamber hoods than the compact or sub-compacts. So, while a Glock compact(19/23/32) barrel WILL work in a SUB-compact (27/33)[and NOT the G26 since any 9MM Glocks has a slide milled for the 9MM barrel and can NOT house a 40 S&W or .357 Sig barrel].

For instance, my preference is for a Glock 27. That way I can use every length magazine made for any of the 9/40/357 Glocks and I can drop in a barrel and make my 40 S&W into either a 9MM or a .357 Sig. With a Glock 26 you can not change calibers. With a Glock 23 you can not use trhe shorter magazines. Etc...

The mags for the 40 S&W will hold the .357 Sig rounds and vice versa. They are the same mag with a different stamp. If it was me I'd trade off or sell the G31 with conversion barrel, keep any extra mags from it and get a conversion barrel for .357 AND 9MM to fit the G23 along with a few 9MM G19 mags.

LOL! That would be the "none of the above" option.

Yeah, I always default to the sub-compact choice. I have 5 Glock 27s. Along with the barrel/caliber thing and the magazine versatility I love that by using 15 round Glock 22 mags I can also interchange mags between my EDC pistol and my Kel Tec Sub 2000 carbine. As an aside I usually carry 2 G22 mags in an Unkle Mikes pocket holster opposite my wallet which gives me 44 rounds on me(2 G22-15 round mags, plus a G23-13 round mag in the well and 1 in the pipe). And I can either donate to or borrow mags from MOST LEOs if an emergency arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom