• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

>Glock Forum: got bored in the hotel room

RHelton10

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
422   0
Reaction score
So I'm out of town for a couple days for work and knew I would have some down time so I took a small punch and some cleaning supplies with me and figured I would detail clean my G23 and 27. Well I got bored and wanted to see just how far I could strip it down and below is where I stopped...but then I bought a battery powered Dremel and some metal polish today and took it back apart and polished all the connecting parts on both guns as they show in the YouTube video "$.25 Glock Trigger job". Just thought I'd share the picture; these things are really simple to break down :D

I just wish I had already purchased some 3.5 lb connectors before I started to break downs :(

i1203.photobucket.com_albums_bb394_RHelton10_Guns_4aa74202.jpg

Last edited:
Just make sure you have pieces left over after the re-install, or you probably did something wrong.:D

I had a friend back in the 70's who still holds a Marine Corps record at Paris Island. He disassembled and re-assembled his M-14, had 3 parts left over and it still fired!!! ADAPT AND OVERCOME--SEMPER FI! OORAH!! :usa2:

LOL!

My biggest problem with gun parts is tracking them down after hearing *SPROOOIIIIINNNNGG!*

It never fails that when I take off a 1911 safety on the left side, I always, always forget about that dang plunger spring. And then play comb the floor for the spring and detent piece.

I recommend the Ghost Rocket 3.5 lb. with an 8lb factory trigger spring.
http://www.ghostinc.com/c=hZ8J1A9BgA0RpYknFAvJu7Dcb/category/35_rocket/

This will bring your pull back to about the factory 5.5. This is perfect for carry. You get a nice trigger for carry without the mushy feel. You might a cutting wheel for that Dremel because you have to remove a lot of material from the tab on the connector when you are fitting the Ghost connector to you pistol. It is also a good idea to get a Ghost Armorers back plate too. You are already going to be putting the gun back together and taking it apart a dozen times until you get the connector fitted just right this helps keep it from being two dozen.
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_GAP/GHOST-ARMORERS-PLATE-for-Glocks-GENs-1-4.html

The reason I prefer a fitted 3.5 connected vs a drop in connector is because ever drop in connectors I have tried has never given me the feel I am looking for. They have felt lighter but still feel mushy. The result is lighter mushy. The Ghost rocket was worth the time and effort invested to get if fitted to my carry Glock 19. I have a smooth and clean feel all the way until the break with almost no over travel. The reset is positive and crisp.

While you are playing around thinking about upgrades. The Vickers slide stop and mag release.
http://www.nettac.com/Vickers-Slide-Stop-and-Mag-Release-Package_p_120.html
I have been using the Vickers mag release for months now carrying IWB and so far I have not had any issues with my magazine being ejected. The length on the release is perfect. It just the right length, which is shorter then the factory extended mag release but longer than the factory standard mag release. The Vickers mag release is somewhere in the middle. Perfect for carry.

Back
Top Bottom