Glock magazines. Difference by time frame??

Crazy Horse

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
26   0
Reaction score
I recently purchased a "used", and by used I mean bought and not shot, G17 at a local gun shop and it had one mag that came with it originally and a new the shop through in. But by looking at the 2 I can tell some subtle differences in the metal on the inside etc. Just curious if there was an update and what the exact difference is, if any. Both work same no problems. I can try and get some pics up if you need to see. Thanks.

there have been several different variances of them. as long as it is metal lined then it will function the same.
if it'll make you feel any better to have the latest, take the mag to glock and ask to swap it out for a new one

but before you do, post a few pics....depending on age it may be worth more

There are a few different generations of mags just like there are guns, although there are more than just 4 gens of mags.

there have been several different variances of them. as long as it is metal lined then it will function the same.
if it'll make you feel any better to have the latest, take the mag to glock and ask to swap it out for a new one

but before you do, post a few pics....depending on age it may be worth more

Thanks for the feedback. G17 was test fired in 2004. I not concerned with the function they both work the same, really just curious. I will get some pics up later tonite.

There are about 6-8 different changes to the magazine bodies over time. Don't sweat it. Changes were made to make them better, but they should work just fine. You could always cruise to Smyrna and have them look it over.

Back
Top Bottom