• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock scratches- voice your opinion

Glocks look better used. Otherwise, your just another poor saving to throw an olight on it and show your friends when they come over to your parents house.

Wait,

I thought O light was middle drawer material?!

My PO buddy saids so himselfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Facing-Brick_large.jpg

Aren't the Glock slides nitride coated stainless? Rusting shouldn't be an issue even with a scratch under normal maintenance.

Factory Glock slides are carbon steel, not stainless steel. I don’t remember the exact composition of the steel.

Since 2011, Glock has used Melonite as the metal treatment for the slide. Before that they used Tenifer. The two finishes are very similar, but the EPA likes the chemicals used in Melonite a lot more than they liked the ones used in Tenifer.

Melonite is a proprietary nitride process licensed by Kolene.

The best thing you can try is 0000 steel wool and automatic transmission fluid I was showed this method by a master gunsmith and it works great is it going to fix the finish maybe maybe not but I have used it for years and have always been pleased with the results. If it doesn't work your only out around $10 maybe$15 in today's economy, hold on to it because it works awesome for a lot of different issues and fyi I have never had 0000 steel wool scratch or leave mark's on any finish not even high polish stainless.
P/S automatic transmission fluid is the absolute best gun oil I have used.

Back
Top Bottom