• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock Sights

Wiskey_33

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
Hey folks,

currently working with TruGlo on this but I'll get your opinions.

A firearms dealer in Woodstock, GA sold me a set of TruGlo TFX sights for my Glock 19.

I'd put about 100 rounds through it when I decided, like usual, that Glock factory sights aren't my thing.

I go to the shop, end up purchasing the TFX as the rep said they'd install for free since I was buying the "top of the line" sights. Cool! Sights look great. I travel a lot so there hasn't been any time to go and shoot until lately. I go to the range, load up my 15 rounder and let 'er rip. Within the first 5 shots, the sight comes off!

I find the sight, and it appears the hex head screw that holds the sight on sheared off. No "hex" to find. No way to get the screw out of the sight as it's broken flush.

I take it up to the shop where the sights were installed/purchased and they instantly start questioning "are you sure we installed these". Oh great. Here we go.

Anyhow, they ask that I leave the sight with their gunsmith so he can extract the broken screw then call me. This was yesterday. I go back today, nothing has been touched and I get the response "our gunsmith is backlogged a month". Odd, he was more than willing to help after I'd spent the money, but now it's not a priority.

I leave with the sight and am trying to work it out with TruGlo to have a new one shipped to me. Has anyone dealt with their CS department? I'm hoping this doesn't turn into an issue as I've got a pistol with a factory plastic front sight and the TruGlo TFX rear. Doesn't help me much.

Cheers.

What shop installed the sights? Just curious
I'll name the shop if it turns into a ****show. I'm thinking they over tightened the screw, then seeing the sight was practically FUBAR, they didn't want to mess with it.

We'll see. The fact it popped off after 5 rounds leads me to believe they may have even broken it while installing it.

sounds like they didn't tighten the screw very well or forgot the blue (or purple) Loctite and it backed out causing the head of the screw to get sheared off or they over tightened the screw, weakening the shank and causing it to break under the stress while shooting.

Bummer

No TrueGlow CS experience here

Good luck

Is your G19 a Gen 4? There are two different screws shipped with these. The Gen 4 screw is in a bag with the instructions. My guess is they installed with the wrong screw and overtightened it as the Gen3 screw is slightly longer and bottoms out if torqued correctly before the sight is secure.

ALMOST happened to me.

As for TruGlo CS? Top notch for me with one experience.

Back
Top Bottom