• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock trigger poll

Which is the better upgraded Glock (19) trigger?

• Ghost Rocket kit

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Zev Technologies Fulcrum

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Other options I don't know about

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Bacon Tacos

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
I remember the bad old days of factory triggers (mostly budget) guns being gritty, heaving, binding, stopping, 15lb. plus pull weights and totally not conducive to shot groupings. These guns "needed" a trigger job.

Most "experts" will claim a 3-5lb. smooth trigger is all that is required to shoot a defensive pistol accurately. Your "23lb." trigger pull if it's not close to 5.5lbs. may have a idiot New York trigger spring installed NY1 8lbs. or NY2 11lbs if really feeling stupid. If you're comparing it to a well shot Glock then it will often be smoother from wearing in.

As with many "performance" "upgrades" the reliability may come into question.

I never understood folks with more money than common sense dump thousands into a race engine but $0 on training and track time then have that engine blow up before the season ended.

That said, install a factory minus connecter shoot (wear in) or polish the frictional surfaces to further smooth a decently smooth trigger. Spend your dime on ammo and range time-the wiser choice.

A lot of sense. I need to get a pull weight measure, might be surprising.

I remember the bad old days of factory triggers (mostly budget) guns being gritty, heaving, binding, stopping, 15lb. plus pull weights and totally not conducive to shot groupings. These guns "needed" a trigger job.

Most "experts" will claim a 3-5lb. smooth trigger is all that is required to shoot a defensive pistol accurately. Your "23lb." trigger pull if it's not close to 5.5lbs. may have a idiot New York trigger spring installed NY1 8lbs. or NY2 11lbs if really feeling stupid. If you're comparing it to a well shot Glock then it will often be smoother from wearing in.

As with many "performance" "upgrades" the reliability may come into question.

I never understood folks with more money than common sense dump thousands into a race engine but $0 on training and track time then have that engine blow up before the season ended.

That said, install a factory minus connecter shoot (wear in) or polish the frictional surfaces to further smooth a decently smooth trigger. Spend your dime on ammo and range time-the wiser choice.

I've been looking at the minus connector. My G19 is my old duty weapon. I've probably put 8-10k rounds through it. I've trained more than 200-250 hours with it. I like carrying it, it just doesn't have the crispness or nice reset most other Glocks I've shot have. I'm all about bettering myself and my weapons. Thanks for the well put input sir.

I voted for ZEV, but APEX has a new Glock trigger out and I am going to try that option. I love the M&P triggers they make.

Alex certainly makes a fine trigger. Have to check it out. Thx

YouTube is your friend. I did it myself and have the mechanical aptitude of a chimp with Parkinson's.
I see we went to the same trade school! Lol. I've been thinking about the $.25. You inspire confidence.

As for the OP; I got the chance to paw the new Agency Arms drop-in a while back. It was NICE. It might be worth a look if you got the dough to drop. (in) LOL, I just noticed that.:pound:
https://agencyarms.us/product/drop-in-triggers/

Edit:Just noticed joke.

Last edited:
What trigger do you have in it? Glock make some triggers that imitates a DA revolver with over 8 lbs of pull. You may be happy changing the connector from a stock 5.5lb or try one of the many 3.5 lbs on the market. I don't think one is better than the other , just personal preference.

250 trigger on a gun that is 500? Eh....

I think the zev spring kits help a lot and they are cheap. I think there are many cheaper ways to fix the triggers. But im pretty sure a fulcrum makes you a fan boy. Its your call

Maybe it's just me but for my carry pistol I prefer to keep the stock trigger. I shoot well enough with it to do what I need to at self defense range without any need to change it. I also like to have an extra amount of forgiveness always carrying one in the chamber.

Very solid point- with one in the chamber on a defensive gun, I'll run stock all of the time, especially when the gun does not have a manual safety.

With a BUNCHA' rounds thru it, your G-19 may not need the "Whole" 25 cent Trigger Job...If it was mine, I would put in a Glock or Lone Wolf "Minus" Connector--Polish the Glock Connector if you go that route--And then add a Six-pound Trigger Spring from Glockmeister or Wolff Gunsprings--That SHOULD RESULT in a Trigger Pull of around 3 & 3/4 to 4 & 1/2 lbs, plus or minus a lil'--If it ends up any heavier, you probably need to have a Glock Armorer look at your Trigger Bar, Trigger Housing & Striker "Foot" to see what's going on--HTH--mikey357

Back
Top Bottom