• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19x with PMM Comp

Josh Coker

Default rank <50 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good Glock recoil spring or preferred lbs for a 19x? I recently purchased the new 19x mos and put a Parker mountain machine comp on and have realized I probably need to change out the recoil spring. The empty casing would just roll out after firing, rather than ejecting fully.

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 20
I'm not saying that you have a steep uphill journey, but you might want to lace up your climbing boots; you're entering a fine balancing act.

An expansion chamber compensator retards the initial rearward movement of the slide, necessitating the lower spring weight like you suspect.

The fine balancing act comes from the fact that the Recoil Spring and the Firing Pin Spring are exerting force in opposite directions as the slide is reaching its fully-closed position. If you run a 14# spring (which I suspect will be close to what you'll need), you'll probably find the slide not closing fully more-often than not. I'd reduce the FP Spring down to 4# or so. With the OEM steel Firing Pin, you should still have reliable ignition on all but the hardest primers.

DPM makes good spring
Talk to a rep and they said if u take care of it, replacement is estimated around 25-30k. I think it’s worth the $90 and u have springs and cups to work with.

Run the hottest ammo you can find. It will creat more muzzle down force and eject better. And, be much louder.

The competition shooters usually hand load for a compensated Glock with an optic. The loads are usually right at max safe levels with slow burning pistol powders.

AA#7, HS-6, AutoComp, and LongShot come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom