Glock trigger question

JK66

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
20   2
Reaction score
I have a gen4 glock 19 . I have a Overwatch trigger kit(trigger bar and flat face shoe) with a Zev connector and spring kit , The trigger is light but a spongy trigger pull . What can i do to make it crisp trigger pull?

Put the factory parts back in. Then see which aftermarket one is the biggest problem. I use a Zev connector in my competition gun to lighten the pull, but the reset is not as crisp.

I think it will always feel spongy...compared to a gun with a pivoting sear...it is a characteristic of the connector, trigger bar, striker setup.

More pronounced reset= stock striker spring instead of aftermarket lite one
-throw heavier trigger springs in the garbage

More crisp wall before break= heavier connector (DOT or 5.5 stock)

Crispy sharp follow-through= trigger housing with overtravel stop

With any aftermarket trigger bar, I'd chamber a piece of primed brass and throw the pistol all around the yard. Want to make sure your drop safeties haven't been disabled,

I run the OP with minus connector but stock springs on several... personally found that changing springs did not improve the pull.

I run the OP with minus connector but stock springs on several... personally found that changing springs did not improve the pull.

I feel like aftermarket springs on a glock are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Lighter striker spring does reduce pull weight, but it reduces reset tension by an equal amount. Similarly, a heavy trigger spring (not talking NY1 here), assists you in the pull but fights you in the reset.

I agree with the Gloctapus.

Every Glock guy has his personal preference.

I like the feel of the NewYork 1 reset spring, and a 3.5(-) connector. I also like an extra power striker spring, but the NY1 in combination with an extra power striker spring increases the trigger pull too much for me. So, for reliability combined with trigger pull and reset feel, I run the minus connector, and an extra power striker spring, and balance this with an extra power trigger spring with a reduced power safety plunger spring. It works for me and does increase reset feel.

The evolution of my prefered combo came as a result of shooting S&B ammo which has very hard primers. I used to get a lot of light primer strikes. The extra power striker spring solved the light primer strike problem but raised the trigger pull too much for me. The only way to balance it out was to go with the extra power trigger spring and reduced power safety plunger spring.

I never tried the trigger stops on Glocks because they all seem to rely on putting stress on the trigger bar system rather than simply stopping the trigger movement.

A note on polishing parts: It works, but if you choose to polish the contact points between the trigger bar and the striker, the striker may release prematurely before it is completely pushed aft, resulting in light primer strikes.

Glock perfection! Keep it all factory and spend money on ammo instead of aftermarket trinkets that mess with reliability. :thumb: well, thats my opinion. I am happy with a stock glock and lots of dry fire/live fire with it. To each his own...

Back
Top Bottom