glocks DO NOT HAVE SAFETYS

A safety is a training wheel. Once you are used to depending on training wheels you can get complacent and accidents happen. When you think the trigger is safe...you lose. Whether the gun has a safety or not, the trigger is ALWAYS the LAST thing you touch only when you want to shoot the gun.

And IMO if you are going to carry a gun, ANY gun, cover the trigger when it is holstered/pocketed/concealed/not in use. Holsters with holes for your finger to go into the trigger guard, holsters that you slide the barrel of the gun over inside your pants...useless and dangerous. Get a trigger guard covering holster(a Mic style does fantastic) and you will never have to worry about a pocketed or tucked gun ADing. But keep sticking guns in pockets or waist bands with uncovered triggers long enough and, safety or no, you are going to have a bad day.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but why not just carry without one in the chamber? If you can train to flip off a safety, then why not train to rack the slide after you've drawn your gun and had at least a split second to think you are in danger?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but why not just carry without one in the chamber? If you can train to flip off a safety, then why not train to rack the slide after you've drawn your gun and had at least a split second to think you are in danger?
Israeli Mossad Draw

[video=youtube_share;rGD2j9ks38g]http://youtu.be/rGD2j9ks38g[/video]

A safety is a training wheel. Once you are used to depending on training wheels you can get complacent and accidents happen. When you think the trigger is safe...you lose. Whether the gun has a safety or not, the trigger is ALWAYS the LAST thing you touch only when you want to shoot the gun.

And IMO if you are going to carry a gun, ANY gun, cover the trigger when it is holstered/pocketed/concealed/not in use. Holsters with holes for your finger to go into the trigger guard, holsters that you slide the barrel of the gun over inside your pants...useless and dangerous. Get a trigger guard covering holster(a Mic style does fantastic) and you will never have to worry about a pocketed or tucked gun ADing. But keep sticking guns in pockets or waist bands with uncovered triggers long enough and, safety or no, you are going to have a bad day.

i disagree vehemently about a safety being a "training wheel"

it is an additional feature that ensures the operator of said gun disengage before having the gun fire

whether your preference is for a safety or not is a moot point.

Israeli Mossad Draw

[video=youtube_share;rGD2j9ks38g]http://youtu.be/rGD2j9ks38g[/video]

My problem with this is the 90% of people that will yank that pistol out of the holster and forget that step when under duress (or screw it up). Seen it in training by experienced shooters. No thanks, and I would not want a security detail that carried in that manner (quoting the vid) either or conduct firearms training geared in that direction.

Last edited:
My problem with this is the 90% of people that will yank that pistol out of the holster and forget that step when under duress. Seen it in training by experienced shooters. No thanks, and I would not want a security detail that carried in that manner (quoting the vid) either or conduct firearms training geared in that direction.
Either method IMD or using a thumb safety is all about training if you are going to employ it. It's what the user (almost put operator) is comfortable with.

Because when you're drawing a gun, seconds count, and those fractions of a second can also mean life or death. Also, you don't have the same state of mind as you would on the range, so you may short stroke the slingshot, if your hands are wet from perspiration, they may slip.
That being said. You guys act like you carry a kitten in your pants.
The glock trigger was pressed, it did what it was suppose to do. As for the pullstring, that's a failure on the owner.
**** happens, but I'm not gonna run off and sell my glock. You guys can be pansies and want whatever crutch you can think if, I'll accept the risks, respect my firearm, and act accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom