God is GOOD!

Y’all. This was the DREAM scenario!! I had just popped my head up from a lil snooze in my climber (about 745/8) and about 10 minutes later 3 does walked within 10 yards from me (they all 3 stopped and stared at me for a good minute but wasn’t sure what was going on lol but I was still as a statue and then they kept movin on) and mingled around for about 15 minutes before wandering off further down the field to my left through the woods across from me. It was so hard not to just bust one after barely seeing anything this season so far!! But I just kept telling myself to wait it out and sure enough about 15 minutes later this lucky fella came running out from the same area of where the does wandered into. He was to my left about 80 yards or so. His head was perched high as he was running across the field and his horns were shining bright like diamonds in the sun so I knew it was now or never. So I made a “mehhh” sound to get him to stop and he did then I got my crosshairs dead on his front shoulder as he started to take off and again so I made the sound again but louder and he perched back up all beautifully broadside looking straight at me and I pulled the trigger! He jolted and then took off running much slower than when he came in so I wasn’t sure if it was a miss or a kill at that moment. My heart was sounding like a drum line at this point! Got down about 10 minutes later and waited for my boyfriend to get down from his stand and meet up with me. We walked straight out to where he was standing, looked in the direction of which he ran, and there he was about 25-30 yards from where I busted him! Couldn’t have been a more perfect hunt! Clean shot, easy find!

Back
Top Bottom