• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Going to miss all the shady deals.....

Take your jacket. But they have big deer up there.

it gets cold up there but it seems like a different type of cold compared to here. I went back home in January for my sister's funeral and I just had on a wool jacket and was fine. Down here when its wet I have to put on several layers.

and yes they have HUGE deer up there compared to here. back in 88 a deer totaled my Uncle's Lincoln Town car, got up and managed to run away. If you are old enough you would know those cars were the size of a tank back then

If you READ his comment you will see the cost of living ratio is 3:1 compared to the high prices here. Heck its Cheaper to live in Florida than it is here in metro Atlanta.
For crying out loud lighten up Francis, it was a joke! :rolleyes:
And FYI, Sandy Springs isn't all of Georgia, thankfully.
Home is always home. I'm happy for OP.

For crying out loud lighten up Francis, it was a joke! :rolleyes:
And FYI, Sandy Springs isn't all of Georgia, thankfully.
Home is always home. I'm happy for OP.
You didn't have your sarcasm text on, and after talking crap about my poodle and boxer I was on the prowl.

Sandy Springs IS metro Atlanta and an example of what Georgia could end up like. Its getting more and more expensive to live here, look at all the "Made up" Millage rates going on in Cobb, Fulton and Gwinnett Counties. The Augusta area is next and Lord help you guys if that Abrams wins the Governor's race. Labor day weekend in Orlando gas was the same price as it was here and there was no where near the traffic as it is here. At times Sugarloaf Parkway is worse than 192 going to Disney.

You didn't have your sarcasm text on, and after talking crap about my poodle and boxer I was on the prowl.

Sandy Springs IS metro Atlanta and an example of what Georgia could end up like. Its getting more and more expensive to live here, look at all the "Made up" Millage rates going on in Cobb, Fulton and Gwinnett Counties. The Augusta area is next and Lord help you guys if that Abrams wins the Governor's race. Labor day weekend in Orlando gas was the same price as it was here and there was no where near the traffic as it is here. At times Sugarloaf Parkway is worse than 192 going to Disney.
I'm not going to defend the long term economic outlook of Georgia (or traffic) but Atlanta burbs are still the most affordable metro area outside of Houston to live in. Vast majority of rural Georgia is dirt cheap and contrary to lilting Yankee opinions, the weather doesn't suck north of I-20. All reasons too many people keep moving here (hence worsening traffic). We'll all be dust before Georgia = Atlanta. I've lived in or spent enough time in several areas (including FL and OH) to know the very few places that are an upgrade from Ga. It's still a short list.
Hey, it's not my fault you have dogs that are scared of birds. :boink:

You do know those numbers for "affordability" include the areas where 99% of the people on this forum would refuse to live in right? Not arguing but over the past several months Ive been contemplating between building a new retirement house here or moving to Texas or Florida. Looking at Housing rates, tax rates etc etc. and in the end Florida came out on top. I was able to find a 2800 square foot 4 bedroom ranch that's a new build on a lake that's for $330,000 property taxes were a third less of what they would be here and if I get %100 disability they go away completely. My Mil retirement check isn't taxed so that's an extra couple of hundred of bucks back in my pocket every month and I will have a 100, 300 (15min), and soon to be 1200 yard range all within 45 minutes from my house which doesn't cost a first born son to join(riverbed) or a 6 year waiting list(cherokee). When I register my truck in november I will pay a one time fee of $150 and an annual fee of $15 compared to the $340 Plus every year that Ive been paying for the past 7 years (including the free plate).

You say we will all be dust but look how fast the growth has been in the past 7 years. there is no longer any separation between Lawrenceville and Grayson and Loganville, and with the areas by Bethlehem growing soon there will be no "country" between Athens and Atlanta going up the 316 corridor.

I do agree Ohio weather sucks that's why I stayed south after retirement :D

Back
Top Bottom