Good Quality High Capacity Tumbler

Jackie Graham

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
677   0
Reaction score
I am looking for some feedback / recommendations from some of you guys on the tumblers you use. I currently have an old Midway tumbler that I have used for almost 30 years and it is still running strong but would like something with more capacity. I see several on Midways website, most with conflicting reviews.

I would like to know what you are using and if you would recommend it.

I use the stainless steel pins during the cleaning process and they get my brass really clean inside and out. However, after the brass sets for a couple of weeks they start to oxidize again. I currently tumble them after the cleaning and they stay nice and shinny for a very long time. Maybe I am not doing something right with the stainless.

R U giving UR Brass a "Citric Acid Bath" during / after SS Cleaning?
One table-spoon of Citric Acid per Gallon of warm water - If nice and warm, the "bath"
need take more than 15 minutes, but can be left over-night without ANY harm.
The "Bath" water can be reused until to turns too blue to be active enough to process anymore.

I even use this "Bath" along with a few drops of liquid detergent for an over-night pre-soak to clean dirty range
brass B4 decapping / resizing / trimming, which I follow with another "Bath" to remove lube.

While it will not make brass "shiny-er" This will "passify" the brass (restore oxidation) and help keep its color longer.

I store all such brass in air-tight containers which helps reduce natural oxidation (and retain shiny-ness)

Kind of, I actually use lemon juice during the wash process. I put my brass in a small cement mixer with about 2 gallons of water, stainless pins and a cup of lemon juice (bottled). I run them through the process for about an hour or so including a rinse cycle. They come out looking like new. 99% of stains and dirt are gone and the brass look good. Once I let the dry I usually put them in plastic containers with a lid. Although it is probably not air tight. If I do not tumble them they will start to oxidize in about a week. There is nothing wrong with them but the bling is gone.

Back
Top Bottom