Good source for small watertight containers?

BamaFan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
340   0
Reaction score
Putting together a bag or two and could use some small waterproof tubs, tubes, boxes, or ?? Anyone know a good source for stuff like that? Thanks in advance.

They have them from slim cell phone size up. Also, look in the fishing section as they may have some more. Prices are cheap on most of them. Another place to look is Academy Sports on the first wall by the fishing section.

Preferably the latter but what you got?
Disposable "tupperware" i.e., Gladware. Cheap, lightweight, fairly tough, locks shut pretty good, might float if not loaded heavily, different sizes available.

Downside - contents may make noise, just fill loose space with handkerchief, socks, tshirt, etc.

A large rubber band or velcro strap can help keep them shut - or duct tape if only getting into it in emergencies.

If you want something a little more "slim" I've gone onto McMaster Carr and ordered 4mil "ziplocs" before. They're pretty good, better than freezer bags for sure.

I will not go to Walmart until they stop selling BLM t-shirts ( https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=black lives matter ), but look in camping sections. I got one that is available at Academy and it works great. My phone was in it when we flipped our kayaks. It also has a means to secure it to a tether so it will not float away if you do what I did...

Back
Top Bottom