Got a new used Blackhawk .44

Carl Weis

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
After looking around at many of the trades and sales, I stopped looking for the best monetary value and started looking for what I really wanted. I first shot a Ruger Vaquero years ago while on leave from Iraq, I fell in love with it, since than its been kinda hit/miss finding one the money etc etc. Well fast forward a few years, had to get rid of my Harley because of my back, knees and hands. Partial payment was a really pretty HK45C. Don't get me wrong I loved it, shot great, but it didn't really turn my crank.

This Ruger on the other hand, it was instant the minute I picked it up it felt good, the first time I fired it, it put a smile on my face. I had so much fun going out shooting it today! I never had that much fun with the HK. I think it might be because I equate semi auto pistols to training... and I don't view the gun as a fun thing, its a tool plain and simple. The Ruger makes me go "damn!" every time I shoot it, and its satisfying every time I pull that trigger.
So yeah great shooting pistol with the porting, the trigger job makes it break so cleanly and the weight soaks up the ouch... well some of it. I love this thing!

-Carl

2013-02-17 14.45.12.jpgCleaned the hell outta it last night and it is soooo smooth! Can't wait to take it out again but my arthritis and gout are killing me today! UGHHHH

Dang I got out to the range today... all I can say is happy happy happy, it shoots so nice! I love it! I stopped running the 240g's and started using the cheapy pmc 180 hp's and it was alot nicer to shoot and it didnt group too badly at 20yds. My eyesight sucks so I'm not to great anyway but the accuracy is great regardless.

Back
Top Bottom